Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help/advice developing a line of Mego-like action figures based on fantasy novel

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WilRadcliffe
    • May 24, 2006

Need help/advice developing a line of Mego-like action figures based on fantasy novel

Greetings. My name is Wil Radcliffe. I haven't posted here in a while, so my apologies for being so scarce. For the past few months I've been in job search mode, but now that I've secured gainful employment, I have more time to indulge my hobbies and leisure pursuits (which is ironic, as one would think it would be the other way around!)

Anyway, I have written a young adult fantasy novel called Noggle Stones. It has been out since 2003 in self-published format, but recently I have signed with an agent and she has secured a contract with a traditional publisher. On top of that, I have a contract with a role-playing game publisher for a Noggle Stones RPG, and a Noggle Stones comic book is being developed. We're hoping that the new edition of the novel, the RPG, and comic book will all come out in the spring of '08.

I was thinking that a line of Mego-style figures coming out around the same time would be really great as well... making the entire launch a kind of event, if you will. That being said, if anyone here has the skill, knowledge, resources, and time to help me develop a line of Noggle Stones action figures, I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance. I doubt there would be any money upfront (unless we could secure some investors), but I'm more than happy to share a fair portion of the profits.

More information about Noggle Stones can be found at my web site... www.nogglestones.com

Feel free to PM me here, or e-mail me directly at wil@nogglestones.com if you are interested or have any advice or questions.

Thank you for your time.

Wil Radcliffe
    White, Gray, and Black Stones
    Scattered 'Cross the Board
    Now You Must Unite Them
    To Become the Noggle Lord!

Noggle Stones... Now On Sale!
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Hey Wil,

First off I want to say good luck with your project, I'm doing something similar but with smaller scale action figures. Anyway, the board member you need to contact is drmego. He's involved with the new line of reissued Star Trek Mego figures and should be able to answer most or all of your questions concerning the development of a Mego style toy line.

Comment

• WilRadcliffe
      • May 24, 2006

Speedracer, thanks! Maybe I'll drop the Doc a line and see if he has some time to spare to help me out!

Cheers!

Wil
      White, Gray, and Black Stones
      Scattered 'Cross the Board
      Now You Must Unite Them
      To Become the Noggle Lord!

Noggle Stones... Now On Sale!

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

My advice about starting a new Mego line based on an undeveloped property?

Don't, unless you are willing to lose money on it.

Personally I'd love to see it, but practically, you are setting yourself up for a loss. The prudent thing would be to wait until it becomes popular enough to generate the interest required to justify the investment.

Let me know if you manage it though, I'm always happy to support sales of Mego-scale figures on my website. Good luck with the project overall.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎