X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roman
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 25, 2003

Green Hornet with Moonstone !!

Might we see Green Hornet and Kato next?

I dig the Stealth C.A. , especially the trench coat (where's the Fedora?)

But with Moon stone's anouncement of the special collections does this signal Cap action as Green Hornet and Kato?

does he have a villian?

Moonstone Books has announced plans to publish several original short-story collections featuring The Green Hornet and Kato. The debut entry is expected to hit the streets by late 2009.

"We're obviously thrilled to add The Green Hornet to our stable of licensed properties,² said Moonstone publisher and The Green Hornet editor Joe Gentile. "As a huge fan, I've dreamed of bringing back and adding to these great characters' legacy. It is an honor and a responsibility we take very seriously. I can't wait to see the new crime fiction stories come in from the many talented authors we have lined up."

Contributing writers will include Harlan Ellison, Max Allan Collins, Ed Gorman, Mel Odom, Greg Cox, Will Murray and Ron Marz. Moonstone has tapped Ruben Procopio, principal of Masked Avenger Studios, to art direct and contribute cover art and interior illustrations.

@http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0903/02/index.htm
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

That'd be cool
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Isn't Moonstone the comics co. that doesn't seem to be able to keep it straight which characters it has? There are problems between them and Dynamite concerning the Phantom and DC is looking at Captain Action lately.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• johnnystorm
        Hot Child in the City
        • Jul 3, 2008

Moonstone was straight on the Phantom license...it was Dynamite that jumped the gun announcing a series without having the correct rights. And DC is just out there poaching or testing the waters for feedback I believe. The Captain Action stuff from Moonstone is just starting, so it's gotta be at least a year or more until the license would be up again, and I'd imagine Moonstone still has first dibs on renewal. Granted, I'm not really thrilled with their Cap book, nice art & all but the storyline blows. A DC book reviving the original comic version would be cool, plus it would allow Cap to masquerade as Superman, Batman, Aquaman etc.
        But if DC would ever get the book, I'm not certain the Clive Arno revival we expct would happen.

I have a couple of the Moonstone Prose paperbacks, Kolchak & the Avenger. Nice stuff if a bit pricey. I like their books, but lately the prices are crazy. $6.99 for the Kolchak Annual & $8.99 for the variant? And the Phantom #0 was a huge rip-off...especially the variant cover. $1.99 for the regular which is just a big purple skull...$3.99 for the variant which is THE SAME COVER with the color dropped out! Twice the price for a book that was actually cheaper for them to print?

My biggest disappointments with Moonstone are Buckaroo Banzai which is pretty incoherant, and theat they stopped doing the Noir B&W detective books. I was so hoping eventually they would tackle Nero Wolfe.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎