X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundarr
    Banned
    • Apr 23, 2007

Some questions

I have a few questions relating to the Apes line, and I know a few of you guys here are experts. I couldn't find the answers here or elsewhere, and in some cases, I wasn't clearly able to see the pictures....

Is that table the SAME with each set? Did they just re-paint it each time? (POTA sets, Action Jackson, Mad Monster table, etc..) I can't tell differences in the pictures, but the shape looks the same.

What's the deal with the flesh-tones of the bodies? (and the types for that matter..) Just a production run thing, or? Some I see have caucasion bodies, some chocolate brown...were all the Apes made on each type/shade, or? Are the Type-1 bodies the more favored? (All of the Apes I'm getting have that type) From what I have seen, I prefer the chocolate brown. (Just as with the women I date! ...sorry...sorry... )

This rope ladder I have....were there different sizes? This one is over a foot long, but it looks the SAME as the one in the playset pictures. I hope it's not from another line, but hell if I can see clearly from the pictures..

I have the Forbidden Zone on the line. It's loose, not perfect but not bad by any means, (C7 maybe) and isn't complete. What should I be paying?

If any of you guys could help me, it'd be great. If there is anything else you feel I should know or be doing going into this, by all means, PM me. (Anthony? APES? King?)

Thanks! :17:

Joe
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

I can only answer related to the bodies.

All figures in the line came on both t1 and t2 bodies.

Only the humans came on standard caucasion colored bodies. Corneilus, Zira and Zauis came on a light brown/tan body only. The Generals and Soldiers came on the darker brown "chocolate" body. All ape figures in the line have "hairy" hands. The humans do not.

Comment

• theressa
      Sewing...?
      • Jun 13, 2004

Hi Joe,
      I'll try to answer a few of those questions. If you are referring to the dissection table from the Treehouse and Village playsets, they are vinyl covered cardboard. No specific shade was really used, but I have had some differences.

The ladder length sounds about right. If you sling it over the top of one of the posts of the Treehouse, it should come close to touching the table.

On page two and three of my album is some Ape pics
      Wants, original parts; thinking...
      It's the quiet ones you gotta watch!
      Custom suits, in time
      T_SUITS

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by theressa
        Hi Joe,
        I'll try to answer a few of those questions. If you are referring to the dissection table from the Treehouse and Village playsets, they are vinyl covered cardboard. No specific shade was really used, but I have had some differences.

The ladder length sounds about right. If you sling it over the top of one of the posts of the Treehouse, it should come close to touching the table.

On page two and three of my album is some Ape pics
        www.megomuseum.com/gallery/Apes

I love those ape shots, Theressa! "Oh Cornelius, we've got to save them!" That's just great!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Thundarr
          Banned
          • Apr 23, 2007

WOW some GREAT stuff Theressa!! I'm in a jealousy spiral now....

I'm gonna send my friends that collect other lines YOUR shots and say "Hey guys..check out MY collection so FAR!!" LOL Just Kidding!

Joe

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Thundarr
            I have a few questions relating to the Apes line, and I know a few of you guys here are experts. I couldn't find the answers here or elsewhere, and in some cases, I wasn't clearly able to see the pictures....

Is that table the SAME with each set? Did they just re-paint it each time? (POTA sets, Action Jackson, Mad Monster table, etc..) I can't tell differences in the pictures, but the shape looks the same.

What's the deal with the flesh-tones of the bodies? (and the types for that matter..) Just a production run thing, or? Some I see have caucasion bodies, some chocolate brown...were all the Apes made on each type/shade, or? Are the Type-1 bodies the more favored? (All of the Apes I'm getting have that type) From what I have seen, I prefer the chocolate brown. (Just as with the women I date! ...sorry...sorry... )

This rope ladder I have....were there different sizes? This one is over a foot long, but it looks the SAME as the one in the playset pictures. I hope it's not from another line, but hell if I can see clearly from the pictures..

I have the Forbidden Zone on the line. It's loose, not perfect but not bad by any means, (C7 maybe) and isn't complete. What should I be paying?

If any of you guys could help me, it'd be great. If there is anything else you feel I should know or be doing going into this, by all means, PM me. (Anthony? APES? King?)

Thanks! :17:

Joe
            Well, I'd have to say that Theressa and Dave pretty much covered most of your inquiries, so there's not much left to add...

As far as the Forbidden Zone Trap, that's hard to say. Like most things MEGO, the price fluctuates. If you have a C-7, I'd say maybe in the $60-range, if not boxed and totally complete, but that's just an off the top guess. It may be more or less, it's really hard to say. You might want to look at eBay and look at some recently closed auctions, I'd think that would be a very good indicator. I do not believe in "price guide" books, as too many people take the word of the book(s) as gospel, even though it may be waaay off. Things should be worth what you're able to pay at the time, not what someone tells you it's worth.

To answer your question of anything you might need to do getting into all this, I'd offer this: Take your time. APES is a great line, but not all that rare. Wait awhile and you'll get great deals. Sure it might seem like a great idea to get it all at once but where is the fun in that? I'd bet half the people will say the hunt is half the fun of collecting.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎