X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

More Rack Toys at Plaidstallions.com

Two killer updates to the rack toys section at plaidstallions.com, the first being this very rare Filmation Space Sentenils Magnetic Figure. This is one of the only pieces of merchandise I have ever seen for this series.

I remember reading about this Ghost Rider set in a heroes world comic back in the day, I was disappointed when I finally saw it. I always assumed it was a mego figure as a kid..
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I remember reading about that Ghost Rider for the first time years ago in a very early issue of Toyfare. A great oddity for sure!

Speaking of toys you thought were Megos...who made figures of Dr. Strange and the Red Skull? I remember seeing a Heroes World ad in a late 70s marvel book that mentioned these. I think I heard somewhere that they were actually bendies, but I've never seen pics or heard any offical word on these. I think there may have been a Thing figure shown as well.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I've always wanted that darn Ghostrider
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ISpeaking of toys you thought were Megos...who made figures of Dr. Strange and the Red Skull? I remember seeing a Heroes World ad in a late 70s marvel book that mentioned these. I think I heard somewhere that they were actually bendies, but I've never seen pics or heard any offical word on these. I think there may have been a Thing figure shown as well.
        I've seen those Chris---I forget where---probably Ebay---they looked
        just like Mego bendies to me and I think they were made by Ben Cooper
        which I'm only recalling because that's the company that made all those
        two-piece Halloween costumes when we were kids and the name was familliar

Just like that Ghost Rider toy, those are some real key Marvel 1970s toys

I'd like to own all three some day!
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• megoat
          A Therefore Experience
          • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by huedell
          I've seen those Chris---I forget where---probably Ebay---they looked
          just like Mego bendies to me and I think they were made by Ben Cooper
          which I'm only recalling because that's the company that made all those
          two-piece Halloween costumes when we were kids and the name was familliar

Just like that Ghost Rider toy, those are some real key Marvel 1970s toys

I'd like to own all three some day!
          They are not bendies, but jigglers--rubbery/shimmery kinda toy that hangs from a string......and yes they were made by Ben Cooper.....

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Ben Cooper does ring a bell. I know they made "jigglers" of monsters and I think some other Marvel characters as well? Maybe even Superman and Batman too?

Not trying to usurp this thread, the Ghost Rider just reminded me of all of this.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Also, right after Mego folded someone started advertising figures of the Marvel characters in Comic Books. You never got a good idea of what they were though.

I think they were these figures from the warm and friendly sounding processed plastics corp:

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
                Museum Super Collector
                • May 18, 2007

I ordered the Ghost Rider figure fro heroes wolrd back in the late 70's. I thought it looked incredible in the ad and couldn't beleive they made a figure of this guy. I alsp distinctly remember the ad saying it came with a removable figure with interchangable heads to switch between Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider. What kid wouldn't want that, right? Well said to say this was a piece of junk and I guess the $1.98 price tag should have been a tip off. The figure was removable if you didn't mind his solid blue plastic body always being in a sitting position. I guess you could pose him sitting a desk! The detail was also very poor but strangely I would probably buy one of these again if they remade them!
                - Sweep

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Also, right after Mego folded someone started advertising figures of the Marvel characters in Comic Books. You never got a good idea of what they were though.

I think they were these figures from the warm and friendly sounding processed plastics corp:
                  Those are the ones from the ad. I begged my mom to order me a set from Heroes World, and she did. I ordere done of each set, but somehow got two of the same set. They had holes in their hands for sliding down ropes, and their bases attached to little scissor-like activators that you could use to make them sway back and forth, to simulate...fighting I guess? The hokey-pokey perhaps? Totally unarticulated. They were glorified Marvel army men. But I still liked them!

I've seen on other websites that the same molds were used in foreign figure sets that came with cheap plastic vehicles.

Chris

Actually, now I see the set at the bottom does have a motorcycle with it. My sets were just figures and activators only.

Chris
                  Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Jul 10, '07, 1:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Those actually really sound pretty cool Chris

I know sometimes chintzy toys can be a letdown to kids
                    but as Sweep Secondhand implied---if we bought 'em in 2007
                    at our age the nostalgia might just overcome the chintziness
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

I had that Ghost Rider figure, actually I think I had it twice, and the bike wasn't the same both times, there was a bit of a difference. I loved this toy, played with it alot actually. It was kinda cheap I guess but I liked rack toys! This is a toy that I very much would like to own again someday.

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                        Web Wobbler
                        • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I've seen on other websites that the same molds were used in foreign figure sets that came with cheap plastic vehicles.

Chris
                        They look like the Brazillan Gulliver figures. There was a loose spidey from one of these sets on eBay a few months back, but I was unable to bid. I find these to be extremely cool and have been looking for any of the eight Marvel characters sets for some time now, but no luck...
                        Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                        Good Trader List

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎