• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Dark Knight movie spoilers

http://comicbookresources.com/news/n...m.cgi?id=11082

Anthony Micheal Hall as Edward Nygma? Interesting casting.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

The Joker, Two-Face AND The Riddler? Oh, hell no!!!
    I can only hope Edward Nygma stays himself in this one and becomes the Riddler in the next movie, 3 major villains is way too much.
    Why not have Batman fight it out with the Joker and keep it at that, why add Two-Face? Why add Edward Nygma? Too much, way too much
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I have faith that this will be ok. I bet Two Face is only a set up for the next movie. Thomas, there is also a mention of Scarecrow.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

The history seems to show that Superhero movies will be lucky to get three films in the can with the majority of the cast in place, no less the main hero, so they may be trying to throw as much in as possible. This would still leave room for a good Catwoman showdown (and lots of other good villains) for a third flick. Not saying I agree with it, but the odds against more than 3 Nolan/Bale movies are pretty high. Establishing a wide universe quickly might allow for a Superman / Batman or even JLU type movie before we all hit AARP eligibility.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

In Nolan...I trust!
          sigpic

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

There's no reason to jump the gun---I've said this before in many other
            fanboy threads---WAIT until ya see the dang thing to have an issue

They could just be populating the movies with potential villains ala
            Lizard/Connors in the recent Spidey movies

Establishing a wide universe quickly might allow for a Superman / Batman or even JLU type movie before we all hit AARP eligibility.
            I'm up for whatever THAT takes
            Last edited by huedell; Jul 10, '07, 7:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, Batman Begins had 3 villians (Ra's/Ducard, Scarecrow, and Falcone). 4 if you count fake Ra's. So as The Bat said "In Nolan...I trust".

Hall is good casting as Nygma, me thinks. He can pull of the smarmy, egomaniac side of the Riddler well.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                Stays Crunchy in Milk
                • Aug 2, 2004

Aside from all the villains begins had an origin story as well. B Begins had way too much going on on paper, but it worked out great in the end.
                Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Hey, Batman Begins had 3 villians (Ra's/Ducard, Scarecrow, and Falcone). 4 if you count fake Ra's. So as The Bat said "In Nolan...I trust".

Chris
                  5 if you count the talk about The Joker at the end.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ six if you count Mr. Zassz (SP?)

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                      Stays Crunchy in Milk
                      • Aug 2, 2004

Plus they introduced Gordon and Lucious Fox. I know "Gordon" was in the other movies but not really.

On paper Dark Knight is way too crowded. Pretend you haven't seen Begins and I tell you....

Batman Begins will retell Batman's origin, have three main villains with an appearance of Zassz, a lead into Joker, flesh out Alfred and Gordon like never before, introduce Lucious Fox and a new love interest.

That one sure sounded more crowded than this one does so far. No complaining from me until I see it fail.
                      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Hall is good casting as Nygma, me thinks. He can pull of the smarmy, egomaniac side of the Riddler well.

Chris
                        I wouldn't call Falcone a villain, more of a thug compared to Batman's usual villains and Scarecrow was more of a puppet. Let's be honest, how often did we see him were that mask in the movie? Batman Begins had 1 major villain (Ra's) and that's it. And that's all it needed.
                        Joker, Two-Face and Riddler are big enough villains to carry a movie by themselves. Having them all in one movie would be a shame, a waste of their "talents" almost.
                        I gotta agree tho that Nolan didn't disappoint with Batman Begins, but still I'd hate to see so many villains team up against the Dark Knight. But if this is the way it's supposed to be, then so be it. But if Nolan throws in a love interest to boot I'm gonna hurl
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                          The Man of Many Voices
                          • Aug 30, 2005

I'm merely taking this for what it is. A rumor. Nothing more. What I hope for is that this movie will be a good Batman VS Joker movie. I really feel we don't need any other villains in this piece. While serious comic book fans say "No Robin and No Batgirl", I also want to add No Penguin, No Catwoman, No Riddler, No Mr. Freeze, No Poison Ivy or any others. If Harvey Dent becomes Two Face, I honestly hope that it happens towards the end so as to set up another movie for the future or better yet don;t letit happen at all. And I hope this time, we see more Batman in this movie against the Joker than we did in the 1989 movie.
                          Cheers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I want to see some of the villains you mentioned eventually. Since none of them have been done right since 1966. I'd really like to see Freeze with Patrick Stewart in the suit.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^ I'd really like to see Freeze with Patrick Stewart in the suit.

Now that would be COOL...GREAT Idea! Especially...if they did His Character like "Batman:TAS"! And We know, that Stewart could pull it off!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎