Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galen
    • Jan 12, 2009

Rob Zombies Halloween 2... :(

Obviously, the original Halloween movies were amazing...So Rob Zombie decided to remake it...Now he's making a sequel to his disaster of a movie...Share your thoughts.
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

... ... Why,why,why???
    I can see remaking a few movies cause actors start getting old looking.But,well he wears a mask so it is not like he is really obviously dated???
    Oh well long live Shatners likeness!!!
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not a big slasher fan although I thought the original Halloween is a masterpiece of subtlety and it's still effective.

Zombie is a good musician and I am a fan, I can't equate that to his film making, I haven't liked anything he's done. I think his Halloween is a bad idea.

However, the original Halloween series really never knocked a great sequel out of the park either. Didn't he fight Coolio in one?
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• kennermike
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 4, 2007

Remaking anything the Great John Carpenter did especially his first five true Indie films,Dark Star, Assault on Precinct 13,Halloween, The Fog , and Escape from New York is absolutly redicules will never watch any of the the remakes

Comment

• Vortigern99
          Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
          • Jul 2, 2006

The original Halloween and Halloween II work as perfect end-pieces for a number of reasons. The first is that they take place on the same night; after Laurie goes to the hospital, the Shape comes to visit her there, wreaking much havoc along the way.

The second reason is that it's in this movie we glean some insight into the supernatural origins of Michael Meyer's madness, and why he wants Laurie Strode dead.

The third is that it's just a damn good slasher flick -- admittedly sleazier and gorier than the original film, but with better production values and an unmatched power to keep the audience on the edge of their seat, screaming for Laurie to get away.

The last is that at the end of the movie, Michael Meyers dies. On screen. For about a half a minute. In full view of the audience. Irrevocably. By fire.

This makes all of the sequels hollow and pointless. The Michael Meyers arc of the Halloween films was intended by the writers (including John Carpeneter, who supplied the story for the second film and co-produced) to end with II.

I haven't seen the Rob Zombie film because I feel it's something of a desecration. If it had got a single good review, I might have changed my mind and gone to see it -- but EVERYONE HATED IT. Why Zombie now is considering making a sequel to a critical and commercial disaster is anyone's guess

Boo.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

I never got to see his re-make,but everyone says it sucks.So I don't know
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• fallensaviour
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 28, 2006

I watched his first one and yes it sucked and not in a good way.
              It is an okay slasher flick but just not Halloween to me.I find Rob to be one of those over the top gore hounds.I think he is of the belief that more blood equals better movie???
              Just not true.
              That being said I really liked his house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects.
              Meh...maybe there is something wrong with me...
              “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

I am definitely in the minority here.
                I really enjoyed Zombie's Halloween.

Yeah, it ain't the halloween we know and love. but I still thought it was a good remake, and am glad that I own it.

It's creepy in a different way than the original, but still gets into your head.
                Much better than a lot of the slasher fare that has been produced in recent years.

Comment

• Galen
                  • Jan 12, 2009

I agree with Tay...It's creepy in the creation of Michael Myers...It sets a different tone...

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                    That being said I really liked his house of 1000 corpses and devils rejects.
                    Meh...maybe there is something wrong with me...
                    I like those too
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• bgrimm77
                      NORTHEAST REPRESENTATIVE
                      • Jan 4, 2009

Remaking Carpenters Halloween was a blasphemey from the start....Why would he do a sequel ? FOR THE MONEY !!!! doesnt make it right.
                      WHEREVER YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE AT

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Well here's my opinion. I like horror films but I will tell you this - I nearly got up and walked out of Zombie's remake of Halloween. That remake is the very antithesis of what the original was about (and why it worked).

In the original Halloween Michael Myers comes, for all intended purposes, from a normal family in a normal neighborhood. But on Halloween night in 1963, without reason, he murders his sister. You can virtually frame the entire film around that opening sequence, because that moment essentially defines Michael for the whole story. The audience is completely thrown off balance because there is no outside stimulus to explain why Michael did this. Why would he do this? There must be a reason - Enter Dr. Loomis. Loomis proceeds to feed those questions by giving us his own accounting of Michael's treatment during his incarceration, which is laced with his own paranoia and themes surrounding the supernatural. This doesn't answer those questions, but it enhances the idea of what Michael Myers COULD be (and it feeds our curiosity). So ultimately the entire film is about trying to define what Michael is and why he kills at random. It's a brilliant movie because it gives the viewer just enough information to feed their imagination and the possibilities are only limited by what your imagination can create...like so many of the sequels tried to do.

Zombie's "Halloween" does none of this. He decides to create a reason why Michael would kill, which destroys the very foundation of what made the original work. Zombie doesn't test the audiences' imagination so much as their stomachs by envisioning how insane and distasteful a family would need to be to create a beast like Michael Myers (even flirting with suggestions of incest). It's a crude, unimaginative story that often borders on being irresponsible (especially to it's younger audiences) by suggesting why some moments of social rejection and bullying (all prevelant issues in schools today) might somehow justify the violence of a mass murderer. All of these moments are intended to define Myers and essentially dilutes any purpose for Loomis other than to tip Zombie's hat to the original. What can Loomis tell us that we haven't already seen in incredibly graphic and vulgar scenes? He serves no purpose here. Take away the title and there is little to no relationship to the original. It's garbage and it made money for only ONE week and that was because of the frontloaded hype surrounding a "REMAKE" of a classic. This is classic garbage. I predict a sequel will bomb, because people now know what to expect... TRASH.

Comment

• Meule
                          Verbose Member
                          • Nov 14, 2004

I like Rob Zombie as a musician and I've enjoyed his other movies, but I haven't seen Halloween yet, so I can't comment on that
                          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

The original Halloween is one of my favorite horror movies. The remake was pointless and boring. I don't care why Mike Myers is what he is. You barely get to know the Laurie character. He eliminated 2 of the most interesting parts to the original, the mystery and a strong female lead.

Comment

• Vortigern99
                              Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                              • Jul 2, 2006

Great post by MIB41. Those are the precise reasons that I have no interest in seeing the RZ version or its sequel.

I will point out that the original sequel, Halloween II, was co-authored by Carpenter, which lends some degree of credibility to the attempt to investigate the origins of Michael's madness, which turn out to be both familial and supernatural, but without dispelling the mystery as to why exactly he does what he does.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎