X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

Eagle Force VTOL Jet - no electronics?

So, I just picked up a loose, used Eagle Force VTOL jet. My plan was to kitbash it into the design PAC Toys intended to re-release it as into the Lords of Light line.

I'm not at all well-versed on Eagle Force, but there's a really strange bunch of anomalies with this toy:

I've noticed that it looks like it should have light-up tail jets, should have had some sort of motorized wheels as part of the underside landing gear, and has a space under the wing assembly to hold batteries but there are no wires, contacts and etc. I've also noticed that there's a little blank panel under the tail jets that - on old Mego photography of the toy - SHOULD have a red toggle switch on it, but there is nothing of the sort on this toy. There ARE light bulbs in the tail jets, and a clear plastic cover over it. But there's no way to power or light them.

Interesting! Did Mego strip the toy of its expensive action features before it was released? Is mine some sort of odd Lionrock-style blowout, from after Mego went under?

Anyone have any input? Should I take pictures? (Maybe I'll just keep it as-is, and just photoshop my Lords of Light mockup...)
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests
  • geotroid
    Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
    • Mar 23, 2006

Any luck on this one, Ray? I noticed a Wiki entry which mentions a potential bootleg line called "Action Figure" after Mego collapsed and that Ideal later sold Eagle Force as "Action Force" (I assume with full legal rights).

Too bad they didn't use the jet in the intro to Men At Work's "Its a Mistake" video.

YouTube - Men at Work It´s a Mistake

;-)

-geotroid
    Chris Farley: "Mother of Mercy, I don't speak Japanese!!!"

Comment

• tmthor
      God of Knock-offs
      • Nov 29, 2005

according to the site below it is battery powered
      Eagle Force - VTOL Fighter Plane

P.S Do you have pics of how pac toys lords of light one would have looked like?
      Last edited by tmthor; May 11, '09, 2:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎