X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wyldpny
    Star Trek Mego Customizer
    • Jan 29, 2008

Star Trek: The Tholian Web - Dida Style

The USS Enterprise enters an uncharted region of space answering a distress call from her sister ship, the USS Defiant.

As they approach the Defiant's last known location, the Enterprise's engines begin to lose power and sensors detect a nearby dimensional fracture in space that seems to be the cause of the energy drain.

The Defiant appears on the monitor, adrift with a strange green glow surrounding the hull. Strangely, sensors show no indication that the vessel is there.

There are no lifeforms detected, and Lt. Uhura reports that no communications can be established with the ship.

Captain Kirk assembles a boarding party consisting of himself, Dr. McCoy, Mr. Spock and Mr. Chekov to beam over and investigate. As the boarding party prepares to beam over, they all suit up in environmental suits.

Once their helmets are secured they are ready for transport.
    Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 10, '09, 10:26 PM.
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"
    Mr. Spock: "I am not aware of anyone who fits that description, Captain"
    Capt. Kirk: "No, Mr. Spock, I didn't think you would be"
  • wyldpny
    • Jan 29, 2008

They beam over onto the Defiant's bridge but find no one alive.

Capt. Kirk orders Chekov to head down to Engineering and McCoy to go check out Sickbay while he and Spock stay on the bridge.

McCoy arrives in the Defiant's sickbay, but he can't find any real explanation for the crew's deaths.

Chekov makes his way down and arrives in the ship's Engineering section.
    Capt. Kirk: "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?"

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
      To Fear is Not Logical...
      • Feb 17, 2008

Cool Stuff. The space Dida looks great! Nice staging on the figures!
      It's all good!

Comment

• wyldpny
        • Jan 29, 2008

While McCoy is looking at a deceased crewman lying on the floor he suddenly discovers his hand can pass right through the dead crewmans body. It appears that the whole ship's physical structure is dissolving. Realizing that the ship is disappearing right out from under them, Capt. Kirk orders Chekov and McCoy to return to the bridge.

McCoy and Chekov head back to the bridge while Kirk contacts Mr. Scott to prepare to transport them back.

Mr. Scott informs them that the Enterprise transporter is not functioning properly and that they can only beam 3 of them over first, so Capt. Kirk orders Spock, McCoy and Chekovthat they will beam back first.

After a difficult transporter beam back, Mr. Spock, Dr. McCoy and Ens. Chekov materialize safely back aboard the Enterprise.
        They quickly remove their helmets and step out of the transporter so Lt. O'Neil and Mr. Scott can now attempt to beam back the Captain.

Back on the disappearing Defiant, Capt. Kirk awaits being beamed back to the Enterprise before it's too late.
        Last edited by wyldpny; Feb 10, '09, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Hey, it looks great, Steve! Glad you got it set up to play with. Cool spacesuits...
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

Super cool set, and great story. I dig those Env. Suits, too. Well done.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Holey moley that setup looks sweet--- Scott (Dida) and Chekov's
              EMCE parents deserve props!

But Steve---you made it all come together there---great custom outfits--
              -setup---and photos!

P.S. I'm not even a huge OST fan and even I'M beginning to think that
              the belly shirt is a "must have" for the Mego Kirk.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

Star Trek: The Tholian Web - Dida Style.....

Absolutely Beautiful work!!! More, More!

Comment

• david_b
                  Never had enough toys..
                  • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                  Super cool set, and great story. I dig those Env. Suits, too. Well done.
                  Yes, those are easy to buy. I'm sewing my suits up a bit for a more tighter fit. Excellent pictures ~ Love that Bridge set.

Hopefully the new chairs'll come soon as well.
                  Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• wyldpny
                    • Jan 29, 2008

It's funny, as I didn't know Scott had a Dida bridge story going on as well. I didn't see his until I posted mine up and then saw his get bumped up to the top next to mine.
                    I guess great minds think alike

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
                      Holey moley that setup looks sweet--- Scott (Dida) and Chekov's
                      EMCE parents deserve props!

But Steve---you made it all come together there---great custom outfits--
                      -setup---and photos!

P.S. I'm not even a huge OST fan and even I'M beginning to think that
                      the belly shirt is a "must have" for the Mego Kirk.

Oh, YES, the belly shirt is indeed a **MUST HAVE** for Mego Kirk.
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• captact
                        King of Super Queens!
                        • Aug 19, 2007

Love those pics and DIDA DISPLAY,..soooo cooool! More more more!

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

What's the origin of the suits? They are kind of amazing.
                          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• spotter
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 6, 2008

I agree those suits are Spot On and I have at least 2 of each crew heads from making custom crews
                            Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• wyldpny
                              • Jan 29, 2008

The Enviro suits are modified and altered Playmates Tholian web Environmental large figure suits.
                              Once they have been altered and modified down to fit on the 8" Mego figures, as you can see they look pretty darn amazing

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎