Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I actually found some new JLU figures today!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

I actually found some new JLU figures today!

Not much, but I went to Toys R Us today and found a lone 3-pack with Lightray, winged Amazo, and Nemesis. That's the first new character 3-pack I've seen since before Christmas.
  • highquality
    #1 Super Guy
    • Jun 10, 2003

Ya think people will be collecting these things 10-15 years from now? Like Super Powers?

The whole 3-Pack thing kinda killed it for me.

Thanks for the update though. Maybe I can score some new single packs.

I wish they'd release the 10" Hourman they've teased us with for months.
    WorldMEGO: Where MEGOs Go! 24 Hours a Day

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Actually Steve, that is an older 3-pack. I found that one back at the first of the year. It just goes to show the awful distribution these figures are getting when folks think 6 month-old releases are "new". That is the last set I found. I've yet to seen any new JLU figures since then.

I've heard of folks finding new JLU and DCSH releases in the last week over at RTM. Hopefully this DC/Mattel deal will help straighten all of this out, but I somehow doubt it.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

As much as I like these figures, I doubt they'll be "collectible" in 10-15 years. I would suspect they'll be like any very popular new line (see: Playmates Simpsons, Playmates Star Trek, Toy Biz anything); hot while new characters are being released, but as soon as the line dies, collectors will move on to the next thing.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

What I would like to know is whether or not Mattel has access to the Fawcett/Charlton heroes now. A boy and a man need to know!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^^ Pretty sure the Charlton characters are still a big no no. Blue Beetle's still tangled up in the same rights crap that prevented him from appearing on the show.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Beetle's case was apparently still do to some tie up with the 60-year old Blue Beetle radio show. Maybe the other Charlton characters are available to Mattel now, since they have the license to ALL the DCU. I believe the Charlton group was a separate license for some reason, and therefore not worth them paying for, for only a few characters. Beetle never appeared on JLU, so I doubt we'd see him anyway, but Captain Atom and the Question are much needed.

And Captain Marvel is a no-brainer. He MUST be made if possible.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

The Super Powers line never had to deal with all the multiple variations of popular figures like Batman and Superman.

Given the popularity of the Justice League animated series and the fact that there is a generation of kids that have grown up watching the animated DCU in it's various incarnations starting with Batman, through Superman and down to JLU, I think JLU figures will be collectible in a decade or two.

However, I don't think it will be The Big Gun characters like Superman and Batman, but the B and C List characters that will be most desirable. Characters like Metamorpho, Blue Devil, Atom, Black Canary, etc that have been around for decades and only now getting their toyetic day in the sun.

I'm guessing that the ones that will be most highly sought after and expensive in the eventual collector's market will be the late-in-the-line and more obscure figures that are just trickling out in the past year or so. We see how desirable end-of-the-line toys like Super Powers Series 3 or the original Power of the Force Star Wars line became.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎