X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Batman and the Outsiders

Hmmmm, anyone else wondering if Bats is walking out on the JLA?

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • brineb
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 26, 2006

I wonder if that Catwoman is Selina or Holly. I liked the current Outsiders run, so this should be interesting, kinda a nod to the classic Batman and the Outsiders book.
    I also play with other dolls:
    http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

just wish Jonn would ditch that costume.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

I think they're releasing a Batman and the Outsiders "Showcase Presents" TPB of the original series by Barr and Aparo this year...

This new team looks interesting to me but if Judd Winnick is still writing the book I'll hafta pass.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ yeah, that's a sales killer for me, too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'd be interested too if Winnick were gone. Why DC doesn't switch him off of Outsiders and Green Arrow, I don't know. Almost all the other writers changed with One Year Later. He does have his fans, but I just don't care for his writing at all.

I hope Batman doesn't quit the JLA (again). But if he does, I hope Nightwing comes in as full fledged member. If frickin' Speedy gets in, Nightwing deserves it!!!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

The JLA should NOT be letting the "B-list" sidekicks in IMO (like Speedy/Red Arrow or Nightwing). I want to see the classic old guard, not their replacements...that's what books like Titans should be for.

In fact, I'm getting burnt-out on the current direction of the "Teen Titans". They're adding crap characters like Kid Devil, Miss Manhunter (or whatever her name is) and Ravager that I could care less about. Not like the old days when guys like Wolfman and Perez made new creations like Raven, Cyborg and Starfire interesting and mesh well with the original Titans. I'd rather see Nightwing along with Robin, Wonder Girl along with Donna Troy etc. in the book. That alone would build some character conflict and generate some nice story arcs. Another thing these new Teen Titans need are a decent line-up of villains BESIDES the already over-used and over-exposed Deathstroke (who I used to like but I think Winnick has ruined him for me a little what with his vendetta with Green Arrow).

As far as the Outsiders, I'd like to see a Batman-led team with a line-up similar to the one pictured above. But have the team take on the tasks and missions that a high-profile JLA can't or wouldn't be willing to tackle. Sorta like the concept behind Justice League Elite a few years back but without the crappy roster, writing and art. A black ops kind of team, led by Batman would be cool. Unless it written by Winnick.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                Formerly known as Del
                • Dec 12, 2004

I liked "Outsiders" when it started, although I'm not a fan of Judd Winick. I don't know how I'd feel if Nightwing was no longer on the team. I like him, but I don't think he belongs on the JLA. I don't care much for Arsenal, especially since he used guns so often in "Outsiders." He's supposed to be an archer! So it is kind of nice to see him using the bow in the JLA.
                I have to agree about the recent events of "Teen Titans." I hate most of the new characters, except for Ravager. I was really hoping Kid Devil, Miss Martian, or that Zatara(Zatanna's cousin who pops up from time to time) would be the one to die.
                Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Good news!!! Winnick is NOT writing the book. Pete Tomasi is doing it.

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

I always felt teaming Batman with anyone outside the Batfamily (or the Justice League) was pretty much stunt casting.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Good news!!! Winnick is NOT writing the book. Pete Tomasi is doing it.
                      That is good news! Tomasi was the post-IC Batman line editor before stepping down to concentrate on writing. And under him, Batman went back to his classic portrayl of grim avenger, but not psycho ******. So there is hope for this one!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

Glad to hear that Winnick is off the book! At least now I'm willing to give the new team and the new writer a shot.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

Well it's still not Winnick, but the writer of the new BATO is Tony Bedard:

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

He's writing that Black Canary mini too I think....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Newsarama reported Tomasi a few days ago, they already changed it??

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎