X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Black Panther: Work in process

After some trials and error with the materials. I decided to use and sew together some black vinyl material into a pattern by using the cookie cutter design on the front page of this site. The pain in the butt was having to pull the suit inside out. So I did the suit arm and leg at a time.

Afterwards, I touched up the black vinyl with dark blue paint. For some reason my camera enhanced the blue and made it look more blue then it is but oh well.

The head is my craft. I designed it from using a Batman Pez head as a base.

Thus, here is my "work in progress" of the Black Panther that someone wanted to see what I was up to.

Thoughts not slams are welcomed. That is why I am posting it in the Works in Progress area. I am going to add some finger claws. That Antarctic stuff that Black Panther uses on his fingers that disintegrates metal.

The chairs are from CTVT's website. You can get them a dollar a pop.
    The body is from CTVTs. I dropped a big lump of cash on them last week for spare parts, heads and clothing. Can't beat those cheap prices. I know I am loyal to Dr. Mego but I couldn't turn down those sales.

What I like about this rubber vinyl stuff. When the suit is together, it feels like rubber but the material is so thin that it is very malleable. I did a Lex Luthor suit (see my customs) from it a few years ago and I vowed never to do it again because it took forever to pull the suit inside out after I cut and sewed it together. With this figure, I did it arm by arm, leg by leg and then sewed it together by hand when it was done. I have blisters on my fingers! I need to invest in a thimble!

EDITED
    I took some of your advice, and took out some of the blue. I am still not happy with it. What do you think now?

Last edited by Cosmicman; Feb 7, '09, 11:30 AM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Personally, I would've gone all black
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, the blue looks a bit much.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• YANOULI
        Part-Time Timelord
        • Jan 9, 2006

nice work but i would've gone all black too.

The blue highlights may work in comics etc. but personally i don't think it works on figures.
        " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Thanks guys! Touching him up with fabric paint after the jeep rescue today!

I did some "touch up" on him last night. Still not happy. Too much blue. That camera really brings it out.

At my uncle's desecration I added his antarctic savage land Vibranium type metal claws..

Last edited by Cosmicman; Feb 7, '09, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
            Formerly known as Del
            • Dec 12, 2004

Maybe if you used some more flat-looking black fabric instead of the shiny black paint on the body suit, then a satiny black for the cape. You're right, a little bit of contrast would be nice. It wouldn't be like the picture, which is cool, but I don't think the blue would translate well into action figure form.
            Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
            https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
            http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

you should give him some magazines or something if he's going to be on the throne for awhile.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                you should give him some magazines or something if he's going to be on the throne for awhile.
                The jeep job went a lot smoother then I predicted. So after supper I am going to start and possibly finish Black Panther!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎