X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drain
    megos are yummy
    • Jun 10, 2007

time traveler variations

I know that mego release the Time Traveler in different colors, see-through: (blue, yellow, clear, red) and later solid: (color ?) and each color can be found with different chest plates, (total numbers ?). I was wondering how many true variations of TT was made. I do have 4 TT in collection from my youth,(I bought them all new), different color buy all with the same design chest plate in different color. Does any have all them packaged.
    Mego Nudists Fish Nude Show Off your Rod.
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Acroray kindly showed me these sites in another post (Baron Karza thread)...you may find what you are looking for there...

"I'll also give a plug to Dave Waugh's referential Micronauts website:

They Came From Inner Space...

Also, if you need a larger Micronauts community, please consider joining my Yahoo group, the Micropolis Embassy:

Micropolis_Embassy : A Micronaut and Microman collector group "

Comment

• AcroRay
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 17, 2005

Thanks for the plugs!

Mego made 8 Time Travelers in 4 transparent and 4 opaque colors.

Takara made 5 of the figure that Mego released as Time Traveler, in the same 4 transparent colors and an additional transparent deep green color in the early 1980s. (Note that Mego's Time Traveler is a re-release of a mid-70s Microman figure, which itself was a revision of an earlier 70s Microman version popularly known as the 'barefoot' Microman, which had bare feet and lacked a socket on its back. There are numerous variations of that figure due to Takara's reissuing of it throughout the late 90s and early 2000s.)

Hourtoy released several colors of the Time Traveler as part of the Interchangeables line - calling him "Cosmo Man". There is some lack of concensus on the exact assortment, as the transparent colors are similar to both Takara and Megos releases. Generally, the colors were amber, orange, red, cobalt blue and deep green. Hourtoy's packaging shows other colors, but probably because they were using old Mego and Takara figures as photography models.

Palisades released several Time Traveler variants that included alternative hand and foot colors and different-colored chrome for the heads, and two new chest-panel designs. Their colors included transparent blue, clear, opaque black, opaque red, smoke gray with glow-in-the-dark hands, feet, head & cheatpanels, and an all-black 'test shot' Time Traveler. They also released a Time Traveler Medic playset, which included a white with re-chome Time Traveler and a medical pod that was compatible with the vintage Astro Station toy. This playset was actually the first genuine new Micronaut toy released since the original line was cancelled by Mego!

As SlipperyLilSuckers mentioned, a lot of this info is available in detail with photos at innerspaceonline.com !
      Last edited by AcroRay; Feb 8, '09, 3:30 AM.
      Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
      AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
      The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
      Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• GUYx1
        FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
        • Apr 20, 2005

Thanks Ray. Took me awhile to dig everything out.

These are the USA figs in a nutshell:

4 colors solid, 4 colors opaque, 4 diff chest engines (as can be seen on the kubrick Myclone micronauts in the front row.
        The back row SHows the HOUR TOY reissues (the colors are noticibly darker)
        Cheers,
        Guyx1

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

That's a fine looking bunch of figures there Guy...thanks for digging them up.

Comment

• AcroRay
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by GUYx1
            These are the USA figs in a nutshell:
            4 colors solid, 4 colors opaque, 4 diff chest engines (as can be seen on the kubrick Myclone micronauts in the front row.
            The back row SHows the HOUR TOY reissues (the colors are noticibly darker)
            Well, Hourtoy was a USA release as well, so that would make 8 or 9 (if there are two Hourtoy amber grades) transparent colors between Mego and Hourtoy, and 4 opaques for Mego. All from Mego tooling.

Palisades is also a USA release as well, but not Mego tooling. I'd argue the Palisades tooling is better, though, even if the production QC and plastics used in the production weren't.

Comment

• Drain
              megos are yummy
              • Jun 10, 2007

Thamks Guy, Love the Kubricks. Basically with the Mego opaque release their are 4 colors with 4 different chest panels for a total combination of 16 different ones. I was wondering did the Galactic Warrior come with a chest plate. I seen him for sell on Ebay with one but I always thought he didn't have one so his gun would hook to his chest. Also, I do belong to the Yahoo Mircopolis Embassy but following the messages are confusing.

Comment

• AcroRay
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 17, 2005

Yes, Galactic Warrior comes packed with 1 of the 4 different chest plates (newly dubbed "Cyber Modules" by Palisades!), in 1 the 4 different chrome colors.

Comment

• Drain
                  megos are yummy
                  • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by AcroRay
                  Yes, Galactic Warrior comes packed with 1 of the 4 different chest plates (newly dubbed "Cyber Modules" by Palisades!), in 1 the 4 different chrome colors.
                  That the Mego Galactice Warrior that came with the chest plates or the Palisades reissue? Also, are the chest plates the same that came with the Time Travelers?

Comment

• AcroRay
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 17, 2005

The original Galactic Warrior came randomly with the same 4 chest plates used by Time Traveler. Essentially, the same stock of chest panel parts were shared by the two toys.

(In Japan, Galactic Warrior was "Super Steel Microman" - Time Traveler types which were upgraded into heavier combat forms. Hence the same head and chest panels.)

So, you can use Palisades chest panels to replace your missing Galactic Warrior part. Palisades Time Travelers have 2 all-new chest panel designs as well, which should also be compatible with Galactic Warrior.

Comment

• Drain
                      megos are yummy
                      • Jun 10, 2007

I have a few spare Mego chest plates. I was just wondering if there was a certain Chest plate color that Galactic Warriors used. I know the same color Time Travelers, that I have share the same color chest plate no matter the chest plate design. At least my two Yellow and two Blues do. In my youth, I got 6 total Time Traveler, one each color all with the same style chest plate and an extra Yellow and Blue with different style chest plate.

Comment

• AcroRay
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 17, 2005

Chest panel colors were randomly packed for Mego Time Travelers and Galactic Warriors.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎