PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Ramirez mark 2

YANOULI
Feb 5, '09, 9:24 AM
Thanks for all the input on my previous post.
I got this connery head a little while ago to use as Ramirez but wasn't entirely happy with it. Anyway, i've done a bit of work on it and would like your opinions again.
Does this one work better?

New pictures on next page.

jessica
Feb 5, '09, 10:33 AM
He looks awesome!!

Random Axe
Feb 5, '09, 12:54 PM
That one is absolutely spot on. THis should be a great figure. Are you going to shrink the head or go 1/6 scale? IN either case, that's a terrific start. I'd love to paint a cool head like that, though I've never attempted that scale before. Cool stuff.

Scott

YANOULI
Feb 5, '09, 1:07 PM
That one is absolutely spot on. THis should be a great figure. Are you going to shrink the head or go 1/6 scale? IN either case, that's a terrific start. I'd love to paint a cool head like that, though I've never attempted that scale before. Cool stuff.

Scott

I will be shrinking it to 8", the head is actually a little smaller than other 1/6 heads.
Copies will be available if anyone is interested.

jessica
Feb 5, '09, 1:21 PM
Ian, in your experience do you find it is easier to shrink than to enlarge a sculpt?

YANOULI
Feb 5, '09, 1:28 PM
I find it alot easier to shrink sculpts.

Quite a few heads i've enlarged over the last few months have gotten too big in the water and when i take them out to reduce down again they split open.

It's also easier to work on bigger heads than small ones.

toys2cool
Feb 5, '09, 1:29 PM
hell yeah! :grin:

Dave Mc
Feb 5, '09, 8:59 PM
He's looking good Ian. Mark me down as one interested in an 8" cast!

starsky
Feb 6, '09, 12:45 AM
man, that looks great!!

SlipperyLilSuckers
Feb 6, '09, 1:41 AM
I think you are very talented Ian.

Meule
Feb 6, '09, 2:44 AM
That's Connery alright, much better than the other sculpt

YANOULI
Feb 6, '09, 9:17 AM
I think you are very talented Ian.

I'd like to take all credit for the sculpt but i just did the hair, earring and moustache. I'm not sure what figure ( if any ) the original head came from.

YANOULI
Feb 28, '09, 9:50 PM
Here is an update on the progress of Ramirez.

Meule
Mar 3, '09, 3:18 AM
Cool Ramirez. And I see you made the "end of the movie Kurgan" version :silly: :wink_y: :smiley1:

YANOULI
Mar 3, '09, 8:42 AM
yeah, i thought it would be easier than the armoured version, though i might tackle it one day.

I've just got hold of the 1/6 Sideshow final fight Kurgan and decided to replicate it in 8".

almitysufx
Mar 3, '09, 10:14 AM
these guys are looking great. the only thing i see so far that might be a pain is how thick Duncan's neck looks. nice work so far!

YANOULI
Mar 3, '09, 1:49 PM
the only thing i see so far that might be a pain is how thick Duncan's neck looks.

yeah, i didn't really pay much attention to it until i saw the photo's but it has now been sorted and looks much better.

YANOULI
Mar 6, '09, 10:27 AM
Here's a picture of the Dragon handle which i'm making for Ramirez and Connor's swords:

Surprisingly, Duncan's sword is turning out a bit more difficult to get right.

JediJaida
Mar 6, '09, 10:30 AM
Oooh! I like it!

Could I have one?

jessica
Mar 6, '09, 2:27 PM
Ian that sword looks topnotch!!

The Bat
Mar 6, '09, 4:47 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see a Picture on Page 1?:googly:

YANOULI
Mar 6, '09, 7:26 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't see a Picture on Page 1?:googly:

I deleted it because i took new ones ( see page 2 ) and i didn't have enough room to upload the newer pictures in my gallery.

YANOULI
Mar 6, '09, 7:35 PM
Oooh! I like it!

Could I have one?

I'm not sure if i will be able to cast it but i will try.

The swords are from the 7" Hiro Nakamura figure.
Forbidden planet had them on sale so i bought 4. I just shortened the handle and sculpted the dragon head.