Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters 25th anniversary. Blu-Ray, DVDs, Videogames and action figures!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Ghostbusters 25th anniversary. Blu-Ray, DVDs, Videogames and action figures!

Gonna be a big year for Ghosterbusters fans.

Ghostbusters finally on Blu-ray in June. Real Ghostbusters DVD box set 1 hitting in March (not the complete series Time Life exclusive one). Ghostbusters the video game written by Dan Akyroyd and Harold Ramis starring the voice talents of Akyroyd, Ramis, Murray and Hudson (It's basically Ghostbusters 3) For the 360 and PS3. The Wii gets a cartoony one.

Plus Mattel is making Ghostbusters action figures finally based on the actors. It only took 25 years. 12 inch ones to be exclusive to Matty Collector and 6 inch ones which look to be sold in stores. Plus figures based on Real Ghostbusters too.

Wow!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I'm not wasting my time with he blu ray,but the figures? probably
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I've already got Ghostbusters on DVD but yeah I'm psyched for the Blu-ray. Ghostbusters in hi-def, baby!
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Geez, movie figures are a natural, I'm glad Bill Murray finally allowed his likeness to grace one.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
          Geez, movie figures are a natural, I'm glad Bill Murray finally allowed his likeness to grace one.
          I think he is finally on board because he liked Ghostbusters video game so much.

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Whatever the case it's way, way overdue.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              Whatever the case it's way, way overdue.
              No argument there.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

It'd be uber cool if somebody like hot toys got in there and made some really detailed stuff as well.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

More merchandise!

Diamond Select is going to do Ghostbusters minimates.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/f...tes_120792.asp

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

I wonder how the transfer will look to Blu Ray? I went thru 2 players and was not satisfied. Players were the problems in my case...but transfers are another issue.
                    Carpenter's Halloween looked freaking un-believable...and i am a hard critic.
                    Blade Runner received top-notch transfer attention.
                    Terminator 2 was...so/so...really looked dvd quality to me.
                    Arnie's Predator on the other hand...good gawd what a grainy, fuzzy, piece of crap in HD and it is blamed on "how" it was filmed and filmed with "what"....the regular up converted dvd looks way better IMO.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by noelani72
                      I wonder how the transfer will look to Blu Ray? I went thru 2 players and was not satisfied. Players were the problems in my case...but transfers are another issue.
                      Carpenter's Halloween looked freaking un-believable...and i am a hard critic.
                      Blade Runner received top-notch transfer attention.
                      Terminator 2 was...so/so...really looked dvd quality to me.
                      Arnie's Predator on the other hand...good gawd what a grainy, fuzzy, piece of crap in HD and it is blamed on "how" it was filmed and filmed with "what"....the regular up converted dvd looks way better IMO.
                      Yeah, I always read reviews of the transfers before I buy a Blu-ray disc. Sadly, Terminator 2 and Predator BDs have a reputation of being subpar transfers, so I've avoided them. I hope they have better versions released some day.

GHOSTBUSTERS will be a crap shoot. Sony usually does a good job with their releases now, but films from the early 80's can be problematic sometimes, so I'm curious how it will look.

What players did you have problems with?

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by cjefferys
                        Yeah, I always read reviews of the transfers before I buy a Blu-ray disc. Sadly, Terminator 2 and Predator BDs have a reputation of being subpar transfers, so I've avoided them. I hope they have better versions released some day.

GHOSTBUSTERS will be a crap shoot. Sony usually does a good job with their releases now, but films from the early 80's can be problematic sometimes, so I'm curious how it will look.

What players did you have problems with?
                        hmmm..heck...i don't remember lol.
                        i know I posted it here before...I could go dig the search feature...
                        but seems they both were sony..s300 and s350 ring a bell.
                        My problem was disc load times. Rambo was the straw that broke the camel's back...8 minutes to get to the movie and once in the movie, ya couldn't use ANY of the menu features.
                        As my memory jogs, seems my last refund came on the day iron man was release cuz I just bought the regular dvd.

I hope not to hijack this thread about my player problems..but IF ghostbusters transfer is as good as Blade Runner and Halloween...i just may jump back into the BluRay game.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/g.../NYCC-Day-Two/

The figures are at NYCC and they look great!

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The bad news is they are Matty Collector only and will be released one figure every other month. At that rate it will take nearly a year just to get all four Busters. I had really hoped they would have had at least made the Real Ghostbusters figures mass market.

Comment

• noelani72
                              27inaleon
                              • Jun 25, 2002

yeah, if it's hard to get 'em.....they have just alienated a market right there...ME.
                              They do look great...just hope it's not a fiasco getting them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎