X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

The Host

Last night I ended up watching "the Host," a monster/creature movie from Korea. It started at 10 PM, but I just didn't have the stamina to end it. All the darn commercials on G4 channel really stretched out the movie and it was almost 1 AM by the time I turned it. I must have missed the last 15 minutes, but I didn't want to stay up until 1:30 AM for G4 to stretch the last 15 minutes into a half hour. All I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised by this movie and if you have not seen it, you should. (I also love subtitles and to hear different languages spoken, so if that's not your thing then maybe there is a dubbed version).

The only reason why I watched it was because it was on a segment on G4, "Movies That Don't Suck." I made my husband watch it, too, because I told him it can't be THAT bad if it made the segment... We both enjoyed it but we just couldn't finish it...
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I liked it.
    They made some unusual choices.
    The "hero" dad is not the brightest bulb in the pack, but he'd go to the end of the world to save his daughter.
    Characters die quite brutally.
    The creature's well done (hum, I mean production wise, not like a steak).

And the ending? They'd never do that in an American movie....
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I didn't really like the ending. I'm not always opposed to such endings. I just didn't like it for this particular movie. Otherwise, it was entertaining.

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>I didn't really like the ending.

Yeah, I kinda thought it came out of nowhere.... even though it really DIDIN'T; but it seemed to go against the grain of the rest of the flick. BUt it's a decent monster movie nonetheless.

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I really liked that movie. Had the feel of a 50's b monster movie.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• unataper
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 8, 2007

I found this movie very entertaining as well.
            For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎