• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Micronauts Marvel appearances since...

Hello,

Can anyone tell me aside from the X-Men/Micronauts team-up, a few issues of the new Captain Marvel by Peter David and a Bug one-shot special; what other Marvel Comics did the Micronauts, or members of the former team, appear in? I have heard that there were some issues of Cable they were in but does anyone know what numbers? Does anyone know of other appearances?
  • Grendel
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 21, 2006

Poor me, my comics are in storage...

So this is lifted from a cached page at Devil's Due Forums... not sure if this link will work:

"In Cable, the Endeavor appeared in issue 37, and the Micronauts appeared in issues 38-39.

In Alpha Flight (Vol. 2), the Micronauts were alluded to in many of the first dozen issues, and an Acroyear warrior appeared in issue 5, with the Micronauts appearing in issues 10-11.

In Capt. Marvel, the Microns were in issue 6, and on the splash page of issue 7. They appeared in issue 12, and then for 2 issues (I believe 15-16).

In New Mutants #50, Mari and Rann appeared in a bar scene.

3 issues of Capt. Universe in Marvel Spotlight (can't remember the issues). Many other Capt. Universe appearances, in Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, etc.

An issue of Marvel Age (forget the issue). Other Marvel preview magazines as well.

Universe X and Paradise X."

Credit to poster Harris back in 2002!

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Thanks! I'll start seeing what I can dig up!

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

This makes me think about Bug's upcoming appearance in the new Star Lord book and how much it bugs me (please forgive the pun) that he's normal human sized and not tiny.

Dana
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

I never thought much about this before but I guess some fans might be split over whether the Micronauts should be portrayed as tiny-like their toy counterparts, or full size as they would be in their home universe.

I think that depending on the story angle they could be shown either/or. Stories that avoid the size difference tend to be better sci-fi stories tho. Some of the stronger storylines seemed to be issues 8-12, 28-35, where they were in their own element.

Comment

• danadoll
            Micronaut Nut!
            • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by johnmiic
            I never thought much about this before but I guess some fans might be split over whether the Micronauts should be portrayed as tiny-like their toy counterparts, or full size as they would be in their home universe.
            I simply meant in relation to People of this universe. In the new Star Lord series, he's the same size as all the other characters (Captain Universe, Rocket Raccoon, Deathcry, Mantis, etc...). I'd rather he was left Micronaut size in this cosmos and normal sized in the Microverse...I don't know if I'm making sense right now...LOL.

I think that depending on the story angle they could be shown either/or. Stories that avoid the size difference tend to be better sci-fi stories tho. Some of the stronger storylines seemed to be issues 8-12, 28-35, where they were in their own element.
            I agree...Although I enjoyed the problems and perils of the Micronauts interacting with the larger universe...I preferred them at home in the Microverse. I'd rather see Bug with his fellow Microns (Micronauts, whatever...) in their own series again, than somehow enlarged to fit in on a team in this universe...It just seems rather forced to have him (or any resident of the Microverse) in this book.

Dana

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>I never thought much about this before but I guess some fans might be split over whether the Micronauts should be portrayed as tiny-like their toy counterparts, or full size as they would be in their home universe.

You can do both, actually. Remember in the original book the Fantastic Four were the same size as the Micronauts after using one of Reed's shrink-thingies to get to the Microverse; whereas the scientist guy with half a head was still huge after falling into the pit at H.E.L.L. It all depends on how you get there.

Dunno if the Micronauts have ever been full sized on earth; but it seems within the realm of possibility.

Don C.

Comment

• danadoll
                Micronaut Nut!
                • Apr 11, 2005

I don't recall if the Micronauts were ever earth-human sized on Earth (maybe in the X-Men/Micronauts miniseries?) and I agree, it's not impossible...However, I just don't want to see it done. What's the point of them being from the Microverse, if there is nothing "Micro" about them?.

Dana
                Last edited by danadoll; Jul 14, '07, 3:24 AM.

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Grendel
                  So this is lifted from a cached page at Devil's Due Forums... not sure if this link will work:

"In Cable, the Endeavor appeared in issue 37, and the Micronauts appeared in issues 38-39.!
                  I got the back issues for a couple. These issues are very good. their appearance has been modified, except Bug, and the story works pretty well. Psycho-Man seems to be a recurring Marvel villain with them.

How is the endeavor back!?!?!?! It was dead and sank into the sewers in Micronauts#38 !!?!? Is this the same ship?

Originally posted by Grendel
                  In Alpha Flight (Vol. 2), the Micronauts were alluded to in many of the first dozen issues, and an Acroyear warrior appeared in issue 5, with the Micronauts appearing in issues 10-11..!
                  I've seen the warrior in #5 and have 10 & 11. They reverted back to their 70's look but I don't think the artist carried it well. The Cable appearance seems better to me.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

I got the back issues for a couple. These issues are very good. their appearance has been modified, except Bug, and the story works pretty well. Psycho-Man seems to be a recurring Marvel villain with them.

How is the endeavor back!?!?!?! It was dead and sank into the sewers in Micronauts#38 !!?!? Is this the same ship?
                    I doubt it...They probably had the roboids of Homeworld's Industrial Zone crank them out a new Endeavor (this time with a computer mind)? I liked the Cable appearance, but not their redesigned outfits...They were a bit too nineties (a lot of unnecessary straps, buckles, big guns, etc...Mari even had a headband and jacket with giant shoulder pads) for me.

I've seen the warrior in #5 and have 10 & 11. They reverted back to their 70's look but I don't think the artist carried it well. The Cable appearance seems better to me.
                    I prefer/love the Micronauts' seventies looks (simple, well-designed Michael Golden outfits...What could be wrong with them?) and I agree with you, John...The Alpha Flight story wasn't as good. I really enjoyed the Captain Marvel stories with the Microns/Micronauts, though.

Dana

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎