Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think about the Christian Bale verbal tirade?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

What does everyone think about the Christian Bale verbal tirade?

Christian Bale verbally "dressed down" a member of the lighting crew recently on the set of the latest Terminator installment. I have a link but I decided not to post it, because it's profanity laced and I don't think that is appropriate for some members on this forum. It's available on Youtube if you want to listen. Initially I think he had a right to jump on the guy, but then he wouldn't stop which, at that point, he went too far. Should he publicly apologize to this guy or do you think this is common place in the business and the crew released the audio to get revenge on him since he is riding high from Dark Knight?
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

I would have kicked the **** out of Christian right there. I cannot stand these higher than all mighty jack holes.
    sigpic

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

Very immature BUT I've gone on a rant like that before when I was mad. Unlike him, I aplogized to the person I yelled at.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

First thing, if he's Australian why doesn't he speak with an Aussie accent in real life ?

Second ..... Since the motion picture industry are all unionized, he could be brought up on charges for using that kind of language and threats to the other man's job... It would happen on any other jobsite with unions.

Bale might be a huge star, but if his union card is taken away the only place he'll be able to find work is outside the USA

Comment

• jasonmego1277
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 9, 2008

He's been thinking he's a Mega star since becoming Batman. I heard he is getting difficult to work with. Sort of Val Kilmer like arrogance. No Batman connection intended there , just the only jerk I could think of. I loved it when he stated if they bring Robin into this new Batman franchise he will quit. Eventually Robin may show up , so If they offer him a good amount of $$$$ are you telling me he is going to walk away ? He's becoming a tool.
          Last edited by jasonmego1277; Feb 3, '09, 10:29 AM.
          In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Hearing him rant like that does make me believe he did indeed beat up his sister and mother and it was covered up by the high-ups

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

He went too far. It seems that lately his ego is bigger than his movies.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 28, 2006

I work in a union and I would put it like this.You apologize now in front of everybody or I'll kick your *****!!!
                Seriously ya I could definitely see a reprimand or hearing on this.
                But are you not talking about two different unions here?
                The screen actors guild and then what ever the lighting guys are a part of.
                More than likely it could just end up as a out of court settlement for a small amount of cash.
                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Most unions have close ties with eachother that are in the same working environment.

Example ... There's at least 6 unions all working together in the building trades ... but all of them work as almost one pretty close unit.

I think it's the same way in the motion picture industry -- it has to be really or there would be kaos and nothing would get done.

Comment

• toys2cool
                    Ultimate Mego Warrior
                    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by type1kirk
                    First thing, if he's Australian why doesn't he speak with an Aussie accent in real life ?

Second ..... Since the motion picture industry are all unionized, he could be brought up on charges for using that kind of language and threats to the other man's job... It would happen on any other jobsite with unions.

Bale might be a huge star, but if his union card is taken away the only place he'll be able to find work is outside the USA
                    He was born in the UK and came to the USA at a very young age.
                    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

lol! what a nut I would've gotten fired,but I defintely would've smacked his *** take THAT BATMAN!!
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Vortigern99
                        Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                        • Jul 2, 2006

This was actually recorded back in June or July, around the same time as his mother and sister first alleged that he "assaulted" them (by which they actually meant verbal assault). He was obviously having a tough time emotionally for whatever reason. We don't know whether Bale later apologized to the DP or not; maybe he did. This is a professional matter between people who are paid huge sums of money to do what they do.

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Just another "ACK-TOR" who needs to work six months at minimum wage digging ditches or something to put things back in perspective. The guy always did come across as kinda smug, and this isnt the first story to leak out about his attitude/temper.
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Vortigern99
                            Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                            • Jul 2, 2006

Maybe HE thinks YOU need to "work six months at minimum wage digging ditches or something to put things back in perspective". What a ridiculous criticism.

Comment

• Captain
                              Fighting the good fight!
                              • Jun 17, 2001

To put it in other terms...It appears he is one of those folks who has allowed their own fame to inflate their sense of "self importance". A reality check (ie my statement that meant he should work in the real world for a while. ) may be needed here.
                              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎