• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

So what's with YOUR MM name?

Hello everyone,

I thought this would be an interesting thread as I have never seen anyone else post about this sort of stuff. I was curious to know why everyone has chosen their MM names, my curiosity spawns from the fact that some people have the craziest names and I have no idea how they could have come up with them. (much like eBay user names that are crazy and you'll never know the history behind them).
    I'll get it started by saying my MM name is MegoNinja simply because I collect Mego and I practise Ninjitsu, put the two together and wow. MegoNinja.

Anyone got any stories behind their MM name?
    I the Monster Hero
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

We did this fairly recently (back in April) at the old boards:

Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

damn it, I really wish I didn't miss that, that's what I get for not being more observant
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

When I joined up I looked at the first thing sitting on my computer shelf -- type-1 kirk for inspiration

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
          Stays Crunchy in Milk
          • Aug 2, 2004

Mine's simple. It's the name my parents gave me.
          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• mego boy CA
            megos are FUN!!
            • Mar 30, 2006

i chose mego boy CA because i always had people telling me that i act like a little boy with toys, and i live in California, and i'm into captain action and megos, so long story short i combined and came up with mego boy CA.
            so the CA can be both for Cali. and Capt. Actn.
            sigpic
            "To The Batmobile!"
            "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• megoat
              A Therefore Experience
              • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by MegoNinja
              I practise Ninjitsu,
              I find this fascinating. Have you ever infiltrated any enemy headquarters under the cover of darkness? (perhaps entering underwater via a canal using a bamboo stick as a snorkel)..... Do you have the boots with the split toe?

Comment

• MegoNinja
                Career Member
                • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by megoat
                I find this fascinating. Have you ever infiltrated any enemy headquarters under the cover of darkness? (perhaps entering underwater via a canal using a bamboo stick as a snorkel)..... Do you have the boots with the split toe?
                yes I do have the boots with the split toes, they are called Tabi. As of yet, I havent had to go into enemy headquarters, where am I going to go? Iraq? I understand your curiosity though, as Ninja's are normally just video game and B-grade movie characters, there are plenty of Ninja's around still though, just like people that do Karate, Kung-fu etc etc.
                I the Monster Hero

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Years ago, when if first got online, I picked the name Earth 2 Robin for myself. I always liked the character and costume of the older Earth Two Dick Grayson. When I signed up here, I initially signed up as Earth 2 Robin, but for some reason I don't remember, my account was screwed up, so before I ever even posted, I re-signed up as Earth 2 Chris (Chris being my real name). So that's why my avatar is Earth 2 Robin.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• txteach
                    Banned
                    • Jun 17, 2005

I live in the greatest state in our Union, Texas and I teach 8th grade History at a middle school.

Comment

• critter2
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 2, 2005

Wish I had put more thought into mine. I was signing up here and used the name of my cat at the time 'critter'. The 2 came after I had moved and was offline for a couple months and could'nt remember my password, so I rejoined. I wish I had picked something cool like CIPSA JIM or MONKEY MAN!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                        The Man of Many Voices
                        • Aug 30, 2005

The handle name I chose is quite obvious. I believe first impressions make the most impact. I am a fan of Batman and Robin first and foremost. But unlike other Batfans whose first exposures to the character were either the comics or the TV show from 1966. My first exposure was the 1977 Filmation cartoon, The New Adventures of Batman, which I am proud to say is now available on DVD. I also like the original 1968 cartoons by Filmation, but I love the 1977 series better for sentimental reasons.
                        To make it simple, the New Adventures of Batman by Filmation was that first spot on the map that has made me the Super Hero/Comic Book/ Mego collecting and SuperFriends/Justice League junkie that I am today.
                        While I do love the Dark Knight version of Batman, I have a soft spot for the Adam West versions both live and animated. And since I feel that the Filmation version gets very little acknowledgement, that is how I chose the name Filmation Batman Fan.
                        Cheers.

Comment

• Chris DVM
                          Veterinarian Member
                          • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
                          Nothing fancy - first name Chris and I am a veterinarian.
                          Chris DVM
                          "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• ABMAC
                            User
                            • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by txteach
                            I live in the greatest state in our Union, Texas and I teach 8th grade History at a middle school.
                            Seeing how it's Texas and all I expected you to be teaching 8th grade history at a high school.

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

It worked really well with my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡