X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M3G0M4V3R1CK
    Hooked On Mego
    • Jun 15, 2008

The Dark Night

Ok yeah so i no its been out for like ever but times were tough money wise so i never got to see it in the theaters. So i finally buy it on dvd start to watch it think its bad aaaassssssss crazy i love it then i see rachel dawes come in and realize *** that aint Katie Holmes how you gonna have a sequel and not use the same person for the part any movie you make that your doin more than one you need to sign them on for the ammount needed not just go on and get someone else ****ed me off i didnt like it at all that they would change something as big as that

on another note i love joker think that Heath Ledger did an awsome job in that part greatest villan ever in my opinion but thats just my opinion hes my fav villian ever

well just wanted to vent bout it so thanks for listening

Josh ...... Out
    Good Buyer-Trader List ...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

The Katie Holmes thing did not bother me one bit. Besides that, it won't happen again with that character.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

katie holmes tried really hard to bury the first one.

getting rid of her was a godsend.

she should have won razzi for worst supporting actress - but i don't think it even counted as acting since it was sooo bad.

How on earth could this make someone NOT like the second?

even IF she had been tolerable - what would it matter to change a support character in a big budget action flick?

Did you notice the 007 films have changedd the main character a couple o times and have done alright?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I would almost bet Holmes casting in Begins was a caveat from Warners to Nolan. He had to use her because she's pretty and they were trying to push her at the time. She wasn't very believable in the role, and on top of all that, her relationship with Tom Cruise went public at the same time Begins was being promoted, and Cruise made himself look like a total loon on Oprah confessing his love for her. Much of the media coverage of Begins promo junkets was focused on their relationship, not the movie. This had to make everyone involved pretty ticked.

Glynhall was much more believable. Not as easy on the eyes, but you could buy her being assistant DA.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Vortigern99
          Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
          • Jul 2, 2006

I'm a fan of Maggie's from Donnie Darko and especially Secretary (mrowrr), so I'm glad she's in Dark Knight. However, I also think Katie did a fine job in Begins. The scene in the car in which she slaps Bruce and tells him his father would be ashamed of him -- that's an excellent, tough, articulate performance. I don't understand the hate against her. Is it that she's too pretty to be a believable assistant DA? Because her acting is just fine.

Comment

• goldenryan
            coy member
            • Jul 13, 2007

i was so impressed by ledger's joker i payed little attention to who played rachael dawes.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Apparently, Holmes' presence on the set overshadowed Batman Begins. It was all "Mrs Cruise", getting too much media attention.
              I guess they figured, it just isn't worth all the hassle....
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Anyone ever Catch Maggie in CherryBaby ?
                ... Let's Put it this way,.. She Looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeee's the "Action" in the Film. I have a new found love for her. She's Nasty.

BTW,.. I could see why 2 Men Would Fight over her.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Vortigern99
                  Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
                  • Jul 2, 2006

Haven't seen CherryBaby, but I dig her kink in Secretary (which my wife turned me on to, so no accusations of sexism allowed!). Maggie's a terrific actress and a sparkling personality. I'm glad she's in DK, though I'm no Katie-hater.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

I feel your pain man!!!
                    I hate it when they change actors or actresses in sequels!!!
                    It p!$$3$ me off to no end.
                    Yes Bond is a perfect example of this.
                    But yes Dark Knight was an awesome flick.
                    You are not alone man it bugs me too.
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Brue
                      katie holmes tried really hard to bury the first one.

getting rid of her was a godsend.

she should have won razzi for worst supporting actress - but i don't think it even counted as acting since it was sooo bad.

How on earth could this make someone NOT like the second?

even IF she had been tolerable - what would it matter to change a support character in a big budget action flick?

Did you notice the 007 films have changedd the main character a couple o times and have done alright?
                      Couldn't agree more, I loved it that she wasn't in DK anymore
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎