X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Fourth of July's Nathan's hot dog eating contest

The great Japanese hot dog eating phenom, Takeru Kobayashi, was finally defeated after six annual consecutive wins, by American challenger Joey Chestnut of San Jose, Ca.

Chestnut broke his own world record (achieved earlier in the year at a different contest) by inhaling 66 hot dogs in 12 minutes — a staggering one every 10.9 seconds before a screaming crowd in Coney Island.

66 HOT DOGS IN 12 MINUTES!!!

Video:

These two skinny guys are unreal, every year they punk all these 300 + pound monsters, I don't know how they do it.

The record last year was Kobayashi with 53.5 hot dogs in 12 minutes, this year the winning amount by Chestnut was 66 hot dogs, 12.5 more hot dogs than this picture:

sigpic
  • Sideshow Spock
    valar morghulis
    • Mar 8, 2005

I heard a talk radio blurb about the contest today, and they were discussing how the "pros" who regularly engage in these sorts of things actually train themselves thru abdominal muscle manipulation etc to be able to handle all that food coming down so quick. They're able to push it into the lower stomach or some such thing, preventing (or at least postponing) the "evacuating" back up that happens later.

All I know is it's disgusting, and I can't turn the channel fast enuff when a clip pops up on espn or the local news..

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

The Black Widow is a bad mama:

sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

oooooh the little Japanese guy was defeated?? wow by 12 Hot dogs? That's crazy man!! 66 dogs in 12 minutes,these guys are out of there minds,it's freakin' nasty if you ask me,but to each his own
        Last edited by ABMAC; Jul 5, '07, 11:07 PM.
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
          oooooh the little Japanese guy was defeated?? wow by 12 Hot dogs? That's crazy man!! 66 dogs in 12 minutes,these guys are out of there minds,it's freakin' nasty if you ask me,but to each his own
          No, Chestnut beat Kobayashi's 53.5 hot dogs record from last year by 12.5 hot dogs.

This year Chestnut ate 66 hot dogs, runner up Kobayashi ate 63, a three hot dog difference.

Kobayashi might be short, but the guy has some guns on him:

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
            from wikipedia:
            ...she consumed 35 bratwursts in 10 minutes...
            must be popular with the gents
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
              No, Chestnut beat Kobayashi's 53.5 hot dogs record from last year by 12.5 hot dogs.

This year Chestnut ate 66 hot dogs, runner up Kobayashi ate 63, a three hot dog difference.

Kobayashi might be short, but the guy has some guns on him:

oh ok,that was pretty close then,yeah he looks pretty jacked up
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡