X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

Time Flaw in "Lost" tonight

It was a great episode but one thing was not right. The claymore mine was developed in the mid-50's, but that was a modern time claymore mine.

I am also looking around the net about "Jughead" the hydrogen bomb. People have already posted about it, and the show finished airing 30 minutes ago.
    sigpic
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

Maybe it was brought from the future. Ever think of that?

Rich

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

Since the island is hopping around in time, a modern claymore being in the wrong time era is not totally impossible.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        • Nov 12, 2005

The Lost people are moving through time, not the island. The "Others" said the military set them (thinking Danial and the others were military as well).
        sigpic

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

Richard did say it was 1954
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Dave Mc
            Administrator
            • Oct 20, 2002

The entire show feels "lost" to me. When you start playing with time like this, you can use to to make up any excuse for anything. It's kind of a cheat in my book. It also starts to be very confusing and becomes more work to follow sometimes than what it's worth.

At this point, I'm watching because I've always watched and keep doing so in hopes that the payoff is going to be worth it, but I'm starting to loose faith.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Dave Mc
              but I'm starting to loose faith.
              If anything I gained a little faith after last night's episode....they seem to be moving at an accelerated pace this year toward the end game. I love the information we got about young Charles Widmore and Eloise Hawking...puts things a little more in perspective as the puzzle pieces are starting to come together.
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• tay666
                Career Member
                • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                If anything I gained a little faith after last night's episode....they seem to be moving at an accelerated pace this year toward the end game. I love the information we got about young Charles Widmore and Eloise Hawking...puts things a little more in perspective as the puzzle pieces are starting to come together.

I hear you.
                I actually gave up on this show shortly into the 3rd season.
                It was just wearing on me and was no fun ot watch anymore. Got tired of all the quesitons without any answers and no sign of any pay-off anywhere in sigth.
                Got back into it last year during the writers strike as there was nothing else on.
                Glad I did. As things actually seem to be moving now.
                Things are being explained and answered and everything.
                Sure, some answers lead to more questions. But no where near as much as early on.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                  Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                  • Oct 8, 2007

My GF decided to get caught up on the entire show, a couple weeks ago. In her spare time, She watched nothing but lost for 2 weeks solid, and is about caught up. I lost interest after the first season. I am trying to follow along but have too many issues with the show, and I get annoyed.
                  "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

Didn't the others claim that the survivors from Lost set the mines and not them or were they referring to U.S. soldiers?

They looked like they were confused so I just presumed that they set the mines in the future and were caught between a few time periods.

My question about the Hydrogen Bomb is whether or not the bomb would explode if it dropped to the ground? Did some kind of magnetic force cause it to stop just short of impact and they built a frame around it? The bomb scene was confusing because it seemed like the others were completely clueless about nuclear technology but have all kinds of manuals about the subject matter and the girl reacted strange when she was told to bury the bomb like she knew the bomb would be suspended there even if everything was pulled away.
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                      Removed.
                      • Jun 14, 2008

I hope they jump to a time when the pirate ship got stuck there.

Rich

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                        • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by Adam West
                        Didn't the others claim that the survivors from Lost set the mines and not them or were they referring to U.S. soldiers?

They looked like they were confused so I just presumed that they set the mines in the future and were caught between a few time periods.

My question about the Hydrogen Bomb is whether or not the bomb would explode if it dropped to the ground? Did some kind of magnetic force cause it to stop just short of impact and they built a frame around it? The bomb scene was confusing because it seemed like the others were completely clueless about nuclear technology but have all kinds of manuals about the subject matter and the girl reacted strange when she was told to bury the bomb like she knew the bomb would be suspended there even if everything was pulled away.
                        The "Others" thought the survivors and scientist set the claymore mines because they thought they were military. I figured the military set them (50's military that is).

As for "Jughead", I think the military set it up that way for the test explosion, since most H-bombs were designed to exploded before it hits the ground.

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
                        I hope they jump to a time when the pirate ship got stuck there.

Rich
                        I am sure they will. They are basically covering every mystery on the island this season. I hope they go back in time to the four-toed people.
                        sigpic

Comment

• starsky
                          veteran member
                          • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by Dave Mc
                          The entire show feels "lost" to me. When you start playing with time like this, you can use to to make up any excuse for anything. It's kind of a cheat in my book. It also starts to be very confusing and becomes more work to follow sometimes than what it's worth.

At this point, I'm watching because I've always watched and keep doing so in hopes that the payoff is going to be worth it, but I'm starting to loose faith.
                          you nailed it!! it gets really confusing with all the time travel and skipping from character story line to another character story line. you dont even know if they're coming or going!!

Comment

• kryptosmaster
                            Removed.
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by theantiquetiger

I am sure they will. They are basically covering every mystery on the island this season. I hope they go back in time to the four-toed people.
                            they haven't even referenced that again, have they? I've wondered about that since they first showed it.
                            Rich

Comment

• starsky
                              veteran member
                              • Aug 26, 2007

what the heck is the black smoke?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎