X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

Ordering from castaway

Hi Everyone I just placed my first order with castaway , Nothing big just a Blue hero head I am thinking of using for a custom Atom. Anything I should know or expect now that I have ordered and paypal'd payment? I have seen some posts with complaints on the orders not being fulfilled , or no contact. I am sure those are very isolated , but know I am just curious on others experiences. Thanks
    In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

I have gotten my order when stated and they are very reliable. Also their products(figures) are very well done.

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
      GL of Mego Sector
      • Oct 8, 2007

They have been amazing guys in every respect with me.
      No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Dave & Jason are Both Members Here,.. & are stand up people in the Community.., & Will probably chime into this thread. I do Not think you will Have any Problems,.. I never did,.. & Other than Doc Mego, Paul Evans & Toyroom,.. I would half to say they have the Fastest Shipping out there, as far as who I have boughten from .
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Hey! and Thanks guys... We strive to get stuff shipped out right away. It doesn't always work that way, but we try. I took a load today in the snow on my lunch hour... I do this when I can, but sometimes orders, especially foreign ones, have to wait until Saturday. The truth is I give preference to Museum Members, I do this because I can. This place supports us, and so I make sure MM member orders get out a little faster...

I will add this small caveat in that we are just two guys, living the dream. We both have day jobs, wives, and small children, and therefore life sometimes intervenes... We always make it right though, if we mess up we 'fess up, if we goof we make up for it. We don't want to ask for any more of your patience than we need, but it's always appreciated when given!

-Dave

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I've ordered a couple of times from them...and both times My Order came at LIGHTNING fast speed!!
            sigpic

Comment

• jasonmego1277
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 9, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
              Hey! and Thanks guys... We strive to get stuff shipped out right away. It doesn't always work that way, but we try. I took a load today in the snow on my lunch hour... I do this when I can, but sometimes orders, especially foreign ones, have to wait until Saturday. The truth is I give preference to Museum Members, I do this because I can. This place supports us, and so I make sure MM member orders get out a little faster...

I will add this small caveat in that we are just two guys, living the dream. We both have day jobs, wives, and small children, and therefore life sometimes intervenes... We always make it right though, if we mess up we 'fess up, if we goof we make up for it. We don't want to ask for any more of your patience than we need, but it's always appreciated when given!

-Dave
              Thanks Dave I figured as much. I figured everything would be okay. I just thought I'd ask around . I looked and I think the site is amazing , I love what your doing. I try not to get wrapped up on all the he said she said about sellers or company's until I see it first hand. I look forward to ordering more in the near future. I especially have my eye on a Phantom, and if you get approval a Lone Ranger . Thanks to everyone for the input. I am sure I can get on the list of a satisfied customers very soon . Thanks everyone !
              In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• Hotfoot
                Dazed and Confused
                • Dec 30, 2007

Expect timely delivery and great customer service!

I placed an order and due to a screwup not of their doing they added a few extras.

Thanks guys.
                Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Type3Toys
                  Home Of The Type3 Body
                  • Jan 18, 2005

Consider yourself hooked. You will be very pleased!
                  LOOK
                  Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                  For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                  To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

Ordering from castaway........

For a "two man" ran business....They have the best Customer Service and Quality control anywhere. Customer satisfaction is "Mucho Importante" to them!!!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                      • Oct 8, 2007

They've never let me down. Can't wait for Phantom. Rock on.
                      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Hotfoot
                        Dazed and Confused
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                        Consider yourself hooked. You will be very pleased!
                        Yeah, That is one bad thing.

They hook you with great product, great service and than you just want to buy more from them!
                        Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• jackson5677
                          Banned
                          • Oct 19, 2008

I ordered one of the heads and some boots and gloves...everything was PERFECT...and they even sent me an extra bodysuit / no charge.......Great guys and great products.....will order again.......also ordered Phantom figure.......can't wait.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

Ordering from CastawayToys......

In reference to ordering from castawaytoys, Does anyone know when their caucasian bodies will be available again, or if there's another retailer that sells them? I'm in dire need of a Bakers Dozen. I'm Hooked, I'm Hooked

Comment

• Edgaar
                              Museum Patron
                              • Dec 7, 2007

agreed with all! I got my captain Nemo the other day - FANTASTIC!!!
                              Edgaar
                              Delaware (no really... Delaware)

* Not sure where I'm going - but I'm pretty sure where I've been....
                              * not mego - but my customs - http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galle...ar/edgaar1.htm

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎