X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HermitBoy
    The Superman Freak
    • Feb 23, 2007

Wizard of OZ parts how Rare are they

I have been looking for certain Wizard of Oz parts for awhile but have had no luck in finding them. Just how rare are some of these original parts?
    Thanks to Technology I can be the Hermit that I am today.

www.myspace.com/mdpeel
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Collectors who want complete Wizard of Oz figures usually just buy them complete to avoid having to hunt down the accessories, then they don't seek extras for customs or trade fodder. It's not that the parts are particularly rare, they're just not in demand.

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

Since oz figures can be found cheap MIB (usually the box is rough) there is no need to hunt down parts.
      Are they hard to find? Separately, I'd say so. How many people have a spare diploma for the scarecrow laying around? Not many.

You may pay 5 bucks for an easily lost diploma, 5 bucks apieces for shoes that fall off, 5 bucks for a hat woth a good string, ten bucks for an outfit with good strings plus shipping for your played with scarecrow when you could buy a minty scarecrow for 20 bucks

So don't look for parts - look for completed figures or lots that you can use to piece to gether multiple figures.

Comment

• HermitBoy
        The Superman Freak
        • Feb 23, 2007

That is good advice but since I have already bought the figures in a lot and they were missing just bits and pieces here and there I.E. Shoes, Top hat, Jacket, diploma. I ended up paying over 50 bucks for the Lot that had Dorthy (Loose Complete) Scare Crow (Good shape missing Shoes and Diploma) Tin Man (Good Shape missing Axe) LION (Good shape Loose Complete).
        I Then I was able to pick up the Wizard for 2 bucks (missing shoes, jacket, Top Hat)
        I got Glenda Mint in Box for 20 bucks. I Was trying for a mint in box Wicked Witch but the Auction has gone over how much I am willing to Pay. Current price is $51.00 bones.

I will just have to keep looking for Good deals which some times is very rare with Ebay .
        Thanks to Technology I can be the Hermit that I am today.

www.myspace.com/mdpeel

Comment

• ABMAC
          User
          • May 16, 2002

When you find good deals on completed figures, buy them, then sell your incomplete figures for parts. A body with yellow or silver hands is easier to sell than an incomplete Tin Man or Scarecrow.

Comment

• ozcollector1992
            Longtime Oz Collector
            • Oct 13, 2006

Alot of Oz parts are small or in the way of shoes that don't fit. remember these Were toys. Kids used to play with them and lost the parts. So, trying to buy the parts seperatly is harder then getting them from an action figure that was never opened has the figure with parts still in it.

when i buy the Oz figures i try to save the pices just incase i might loose them or if they are needed by others because they are so hard to find.

Sean
            Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎