X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Ready Ranger : a whole mess of promises

I've always been intrigued by the Ready Ranger pack, in comic ads and catalogues it seems to make a lot of promises. I mean, Power Pack, signal light, compass, weather forecaster, PA and a compass? If that all worked it would be so bad . I've heard from friends that this was not the case however. Anybody have it?
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Sweep Secondhand
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 18, 2007

Yep, I had one of the pieces of crap when I was a kid. It amounted to a glorified platic backpack with a lot of cardboard inserts that really didn't do anything. The "PA" system was less effective than a paper cone! The best thing about the set was the poncho and you can imagine the hours of play value in that! My next door neighber had a camera they made for this line. In the ads it looked like some kind of super spy camera scope but it was actually a huge plastic frame for one of those cheap micro cameras they sold for $2 in the dime stores! needless to say this line did not last long.
    - Sweep

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

I had one as a kid and loved it! Made me feel like a real explorer. Of course I had to add a few things like a cap gun, sling shot and pop rocks that would keep any explorer alive! I think MacGyver had one too

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I had that thing, too. It gave me a "what it feels like to be a turtle" experience. The thing sucked.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Something like that in my neighborhood would have been asking the bigger kids to kick your .

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

I was the biggest kid in the neighborhood so no problems there

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡