X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Star Trek on Blu-Ray

It's starting to look like they will do a big roll out of Star Trek stuff on Blu-Ray in May, during the coming of the new movie.

Most exciting is the first season of Trek in Blu-Ray. Word is that you will be able to select the original or remastered version of each episode (via seamless branching).

Star Trek DVD news: Star Trek - Season 1 on Blu-ray | TVShowsOnDVD.com

Hopefully, they will go back and put the original mono soundtracks on as an option too.

Also coming are the original series based movies.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

the hell with that,I paid $100+ for each season when they came out on DVD season sets,no way I'm doing that again

unless I see them as cheap as those are now
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Good stuff. I have Season 1 on HD DVD, and the episodes look absolutely stunning in high definition. They did a great job remastering them in HD. I was disappointed that the remaining seasons never got released on HD DVD, but hopefully I can pick them up on Blu-ray soon. (although I'll have to pay more than the $30 I paid for Season 1 )

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

I love Trek and I love HD, so needless to say I'd love to have these, but I have a real problem with the new versions and don't want anything to do with them. I might be able to overlook them as long as I have a choice on the disc, but if they come out with only the new version on HD, then I'll just watch my old SD versions.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Since I never bought these before on DVD...I'll definately be getting these on Blu-Ray(and some Day a Blu-Ray Player!)! I like that they're going to come with both versions...but I prefer the "Remastered" ones, and feel it really needed to be done!
          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I'm happy with my 2-episode per DVD collection

I see no reason ro rebuy stuff over and over again

m

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by type1kirk
              I'm happy with my 2-episode per DVD collection

I see no reason ro rebuy stuff over and over again

m

I've got about 8 of those...I never completed My Collection. So...I still need all 3 seasons.
              sigpic

Comment

• mego73
                Printed paperboard Tiger
                • Aug 1, 2003

I got the first season and a volume or so of the second of the 2 episode discs before I heard the announcement of season sets. Got the season sets and the remastered season sets. I knew full well, the remastered season sets would eventually be put out on blu-ray but I didn't expect to have an HDTV and blu-ray for a while.

Well, got an HDTV for Christmas and then sprung myself for a blu-ray player. So, yes, I will be getting these shows, again but I knew what the deal was when I got the remastered sets. Just upgraded to blu-ray a lot sooner than I thought I would.

The current remastered sets look great upconverted but I can still see their shortcomings compared to true HD video and I am so glad they haven't left the original versions out in the standard definition cold. To make me deliriously happy, they can actually go back and reinstate the original mono soundtrack for these shows.

Star Trek on DVD has always had a surround stereo remix and some sound effects have been added and music cues have been changed (probably though a mistake rather than rights issues).

Most of the time you can't tell the difference, but there are noticeable differences.
                Last edited by mego73; Jan 24, '09, 3:49 PM.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎