Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bodie
    • Oct 23, 2008

Custom Labs

I placed an order with Russ at Custom Labs for about 160.00 back in October and I still haven't received it. Has anyone else had any trouble?
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Have you tried contacting Russ directly?

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Try contacting him here: Custom Board - Home
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

Custom Labs

Originally posted by bodie
        I placed an order with Russ at Custom Labs for about 160.00 back in October and I still haven't received it. Has anyone else had any trouble?
        I also placed an order on Oct 2008, and i'm still waiting for it.

Comment

• kept back
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 2, 2002

Russ tends to get behind on orders. Actually took me close to a year to get a set of heads once, but his work is so phenomenal that I really didn't mind once I had the pieces in hand. You will get it, just a question of when. And you will be impressed.
          Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

^ Sorry but I can't see where ANY heads would be worth a year's wait.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Never have to wait that long for BK, Leitner or Austin. If I had to wait a year for one, I'd probably have moved on past the custom I wanted it for.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by bodie
                yes....he's got some great stuff, but i'll never order from russ again
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                  Fist of Khonshu
                  • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                  This unfortunate business practice seems to be all to common any more. This type of thing affects every aspect of the hobbie/business for all of us.
                  Seems to be getting worse and worse as well....
                  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by kept back
                    Russ tends to get behind on orders. Actually took me close to a year to get a set of heads once, but his work is so phenomenal that I really didn't mind once I had the pieces in hand. You will get it, just a question of when. And you will be impressed.
                    Waiting a year for something you PAID instantly...no matter how good of a product...is unacceptable to me and to most.
                    sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Tell his mom.

Russ' heads were always great casts, but I prefer my stuff in scale. If you see an otherwise awesome custom with a pinhead on it, there's a real good chance the head came from Russ.

This "You'll get it eventually and it's worth the wait!" crap is played out if you ask me.

For fast, quality service and good communication in no particular order:

Jason Roberts aka BK
                      John Varley aka type3toys
                      Dave Mc aka snookums

Paul Clarke aka Doc Mego
                      Paul Clare aka Hulk
                      Castaway Toys aka Dave & Jason
                      Brian Leitner aka umm.....Brian
                      Dave Lepage aka monkeyboy
                      reproheads aka Austin Hough
                      Merlyn aka Paul Riggs
                      almightysufix aka Ed Nagy
                      Fred Goodspeed
                      Troy Younger
                      and for packaging
                      thetoyroom aka Anthony
                      mego73 aka Mike

The above are all great sources for pieces and parts, as well as complete figures in some cases. There are a bunch of other guys who mostly make complete figures - guys like Derek Combs, Bryan Bossart, Joe Hanus, Jim Hampton etc. who are all great to deal with too. I'm sure I have forgotten a few people, so somebody set me straight on who's missing.

Comment

• bjack99
                        Career Member
                        • Mar 11, 2008

I have had to wait at least 7 day for orders from BK and Toyroom. I have had it with both of them. How dare they make me wait so short a time and create unfair expectations for other shops

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Azrak
                          Tell his mom.

Russ' heads were always great casts, but I prefer my stuff in scale. If you see an otherwise awesome custom with a pinhead on it, there's a real good chance the head came from Russ.

I have a pinhead Bucky.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megospidey
                            Museum Webslinger
                            • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            ^ Sorry but I can't see where ANY heads would be worth a year's wait.
                            Yeah, I used to think it didn't really matter how long I waited because I'm a pretty patient dude. But it's not the case anymore.

Business is business. And it should be done well. There are guys and gals here who will take care of you well. And there are some that won't. If you peruse the boards here for any length of time (especially in the customs section), it will become very clear who is who.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by bjack99
                              I have had to wait at least 7 day for orders from BK and Toyroom. I have had it with both of them. How dare they make me wait so short a time and create unfair expectations for other shops
                              I must've been slacking that day Lot of times stuff is out in 3 days.

Seriously though....I've never shrunk, blown up or cast a head but it sounds like none of this custom stuff ANY of us do is freakin' rocket science and it shouldn't take as long as it apparently does from some shops to get the product out there. Especially when said product is advertised as being "in-stock".

I've recently got quite a few heads from BK and they're coming faster than I can use them...it'll probably be a year before I find the time to do the figures But at least I know I got them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎