X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfsup
    Silver Chrome Dome
    • Dec 2, 2005

More Who bad news!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

First Kylie, now this! This is starting to turn into the JNT years all over again!! I'm starting to wonder if RTD has lost his mind.
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Hmmm...I found Donna to be very irritating, but...I'm going to wait and see, before I condemn the whole season.

Dana

BTW...What's wrong with Kylie? (I love her)...She might surprise us.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Surfsup
      Silver Chrome Dome
      • Dec 2, 2005

Ok, I was a bit harsh on Kylie, I do actually like her (and she can act). I was just in shock after seeing that news. They had a better choice in the Sally Sparrow character IMO.

Maybe if everyone chants "season 4 will be great" all at the same time, it will turn out that way.

Comment

• danadoll
        Micronaut Nut!
        • Apr 11, 2005

LOL!

Sally Sparrow was a pretty cool character.

Donna had her likable moments, but for the most part...She was a screaming harpy. Maybe she'll have mellowed a bit, when she joins the Doctor this time (one can only hope and pray)? I just hope they won't be kissing and making googly eyes at each other...BLECH!

Dana

LOL....Who's next? Edina Monsoon and Patsy Stone?
        Last edited by danadoll; Jul 4, '07, 7:56 AM.
        "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I don't like this one bit.

Once they bring a comedian in full time, it's the beginnning of the end for the show because it's already to the point of self parody.

Oh well,

It had a good 3 year run.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Am I the only one that found her hot?

Ok I admit, she irritated me in a way not seen since Bonnie Langford first appeared but if she tones it down, i could get to like her.

Rumour has it RTD thinks question marks on clothes are a good idea.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

You know, compared to Bonnie Langford, Tate doesn't seem all that bad now.
              Thanks for reminding of even WORSE times, Brian

I didn't hate Tate.
              When she played it straight, she actually did a decent and interesting character.
              One thing I did hate--- when she slapped the Doctor a few times.
              To me, that was just out of date slapstick ... The prob is, that's the stuff that stands out in mind mind when I think of her.

The thing she does have going for her ------ for once a female companion who's not young, skinny and very sexy-- and will chew your head off...
              It is a first for Doctor Who.

If it's done right it could work ...
              But I just don't have much faith in RTD.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by type1kirk
                You know, compared to Bonnie Langford, Tate doesn't seem all that bad now.
                Thanks for reminding of even WORSE times, Brian

You're welcome, there are certain episodes I want to revisit badly but just can't because of her.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

I haven't seen the Christmas special with her. From all the promo pics in magazines I've seen I think she is very attractive. Mike is correct in that she's not young and skinny, ( i.e. - mass marketable). Mike I also get that feeling of JNT's shadow. He was criticized for casting a lot of comedians in serious DW roles. But since I've never seen these people in their other shows I am still coming to the table with a fresh perspective.

I have searched Youtube for her comedy bits. I've seen that school-girl routine she does and I can see where that's a case of one-trick pony and can get very annoying, ( kind of like Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri's Spartan Sprit garbage on Saturday Night Live here in the USA). Maybe of she plays it serious it will be ok.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎