X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Transformers

I went to the movie today and I must say it was entertaining. The robot speaking slang kinda spoiled it for me. The effects I thought were very good and there were a few laughs. Overall, a decent watch.
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Movies that use a lot of slang get dated really quickly. It'll be unwatchable in ten years, if not sooner.

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

Soo true Ant. I believe the movie was geared towards an 11 yr. old.

Comment

• The Sentry
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 3, 2007

I liked it. I agree,it will be dated, but so are the most cherished sought after "Gen 1 line". F-16's and hand-held cassette recorders were very dated items, but people loved them most.

I think now in this generation, our youth will now have something to look on in their childhoods Transformer-related like I and so many other did when we were young. Cool thing is I get to experience it all over again! WOW 1984 baby!

I was ready to be let down but in all honesty, I was entertained.I thought it was pretty good, too much Hollywood drama not enough bots.
        I understand that they're doing and the money it costs but it was a movie about big a** bots going out and bending some metal let it be about that.
        sigpic
        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

I thought it was decent. There were lots of good moments and the special effects were outstanding. But it also suffered from way too many big, dumb summer action movie cliches. It reminded me a lot of Independence Day. And please, give me at least one person to root for. Most people who watched it with me liked it more than I did, though.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

For the most part I thought the movie was great and the special effects were unbelievable! The only thing that disappointed me was Bay's choice to not go with the G1 robot designs.

Comment

• megoat
              A Therefore Experience
              • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by ABMAC
              Movies that use a lot of slang get dated really quickly. It'll be unwatchable in ten years, if not sooner.
              While I agree to a certain extent (I can't imagine sitting through Transformers today, let alone 10 years from now), I can also think of many movies where usage of slang has actually made the movie more endearing--perfectly capturing the era/location in which the movie was made.....

There are many movies that I would not see even if:

A) it was free

B) they had a tub of popcorn and a coke waiting for me when I got there

Transformers is one of those movies.......

Comment

• Customslab

i guess this is one i'll go see

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                  The Man of Many Voices
                  • Aug 30, 2005

I just saw it today in Nashville. Very entertaining movie. The only other version of the Transformers I ever watched was the classic 80's cartoon by Marvel and Sunbow that ran along with G.I.JOE.
                  I recognized all the Autobots and it was great to hear Peter Cullen again as Optimus Prime. I recognized Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, and Bumblebee. As for the Decepticons, I only remembered Megatron and Starscream. I did not recognize any of the other ones. I'm surprised they didn't use Soundwave, and those blue and purple jets. Also, I thought Megatron was a gun. I actually cannot remember many of them, but my limited knowledge comes from watching that cartoon.The teenage kid makes me think of Spike from the cartoon and oddly enough, his Dad could have been Sparkplug. He sure looked like the part.
                  In terms of musical score, I felt like I was watching the Transformers but listening to Batman Begins. Same kind of music throughout most of the movie.
                  Anyway, I loved it regardless.
                  Cheers.

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

I can hardly wait until this hits HBO. October can't come quickly enough.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                      Stays Crunchy in Milk
                      • Aug 2, 2004

While I can understand someone hating the slang, at least they gave a plausible explanation for it.

This movie did get a little corny toward the end and sounded a bit like Saturday morning dialog coming from the Autobots. Still it was the best of the Summer blockbusters so far. It had solid humor, lots of eye candy and well done action scenes. No academy award nominations for the cast, but fun.
                      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hulk
                        I can hardly wait until this hits HBO. October can't come quickly enough.
                        The movie will do very well at the box office. Although I never watched the Transformers cartoon because I was in High School by the time they came out, I do remember the toys.

I didn't have much in the way of expectation but I found it to be pretty humorous and good special effects.

I thought they could have left out the foul language and in your face sexual references and still would have kept it funny and good. There were a lot of young kids in the audience and I thought it was really unnecessary but like someone said the movie was made to appeal more to a teenager than a younger viewer.

The audience reaction was good and seemed to have the same kind of reaction with applause and cheering just as I remember Spider-Man 1. No doubt this will do well and there will be sequels coming.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

So is this a "See it on the big screen" experience or is it ok to wait for HBO as Hulkster suggests?
                          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

I think it's worth going to the movies for,I haven't seen special effects like that in a while
                            You know the ones that make you say Holy ****!!
                            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by MegoScott
                              So is this a "See it on the big screen" experience or is it ok to wait for HBO as Hulkster suggests?
                              I agree that it's worth going to see on the big screen. Our particular viewing of the movie was broadcast completely digital on a super wide screen and it was breathtaking.

Like I said, I really don't know a whole lot about Transformers since they were not toys I grew up with but the movie was very humorous and the fx was especially good.

I also really enjoyed the audience reaction with adults who obviously were huge Transformer fans as kids. Everytime a particular Transformer would first show up in the movie, there was almost like a big thunderous cheer from the audience.

Lot's of applause at the end of the movie which is pretty unusual at leat around here and the last time I remember an audience being so stoked over a movie like this was Spiderman-1
                              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎