X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Ever work fast food as a kid?

At 17, I worked at Mcdonalds. I hated that job. While in college I worked at a Hardees and a Taco Johns, both a lot more enjoyable that Mcdonalds. Anyone else work for a fast food restaurant when they were younger?
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Pizza Hut one summer and Burger King while in college for me.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

i worked at wendy's a few months in the late 80's
      it was in a bad part of town then but since then they built new shopping ans entertainment and better housing around it. the owner of that francjise is probably pretty happy.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, I worked in a cajun fast food place called Chez Porky's. It was my first job ever. Food was good too. Sadly, they are no longer around.

Comment

• jaypiscopo
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 4, 2008

i worked in a Mc Donalds in high school-
          The training films were great!

I was almost fired cause i made a double filet o fish with a big mac bun for my lunch-

not a creative organization

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I worked under a chef at a cafe for a couple of years as a kid, he was insane but brilliant. Threw knives, plates, punched the wall, he died recently, I'm not sure he was much over 50. Taught me how to cook but I used to envy my friends at McDonalds.

After that I was night guy at Pizza Delight for a year, the best job I ever had. Basically I (rarely) made pizza, cleaned up, tried to keep the delivery guy sober and spent much of my time devising ways to steal a beer.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• garagesale
              Dept. of Mego Studies
              • Aug 8, 2006

First job was KFC... I smelled like chicken all the time. People would get their fingers cut off at the chicken saw. House of horror. Also worked at Wendy's in college. Somewhat better.

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by jaypiscopo

I was almost fired cause i made a double filet o fish with a big mac bun for my lunch-
                Thats called a "Whaler", and it use to be an "off the menu" item you could get there. I worked at McD's for 3 months in high school. It is the worst job I ever had, and hardest. I was making $3.35 a hour, and they worked us like dogs.
                sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

yup,worked at Checkers in High school
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• knight errant00
                    8 Inch Action Figure
                    • Nov 15, 2005

Dairy Queen, my last couple years of High School and my first year of college.

After a brief stint at a cafe following that, it was all book stores until graduation and being chained to an office.

Comment

• AJ Collector
                      The Biggest Little Man!
                      • Aug 24, 2008

Worked at Roy Rogers when I was 16, the Fried Chicken was better then KFC! Yum,Yum
                      Last edited by AJ Collector; Jan 14, '09, 1:38 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

No.

But I did work at a liquor store during my high school years...it was a pretty good job for three years...I did everything, from cashier, stocking, to moping the floor. I was always teamed up with the manager (who was a friend of my dad's, that's how I got the gig, lol)...who used to let me drink a beer inside the ice box room once in a while, he, he, he...ah...those were the days.

sigpic

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 10, 2006

Yeah McDonalds when i was 17, I lasted two-days on my second day a sat the other guy asked to go home leaving me alone in the back and we got slamned by two little league teams plus parents and the ***** manger did noting to help me out then he told me to move my lazy a** as the custmers were waiting so i gave him the finger and told him to take this job and shove it, He had the nads to tell me i couldn't quite i laughted and walked out

Comment

• Adam West
                            Museum CPA
                            • Apr 14, 2003

I worked just one step up from fast food which was a chain called Olga's Kitchen.

The food was actually pretty good. I was a waiter (the equivalent of a Pizza Hut waiter).

Fortunately, a couple of my friends also obtained jobs there and we always pulled practical jokes on each other. I'm actually surprised we didn't get fired but the manager's were pretty nice, we worked hard, but had fun too.

Most of the time we used just used to do things to one another like if a customer ordered a spinach pie (not ordered too often), one of us would take a bite out of it in the back kitchen while it was sitting under the heat lamps. When the other one would go to deliver it; we realized the bite mark and have to hurry back to the kitchen to have another one made.

They also had a frozen yogurt machine that we used to have contests to see who could hold their mouths under the nozzle and consume the most frozen yogurt.

Good Times...Good Times.
                            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                              • Jan 22, 2008

I worked at McDonalds for a year when I was 16. They fired me for growing my hair too long. I kept trying to tuck it into the visor, but after a year it was a little hard to do. I wasn't gonna cut it for them so they canned me. It reminds me of the saying-
                              If your not a rebel at 16 you've got not soul, if you've got long hair at 30, it's time to grow up hippy! or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎