Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galen
    • Jan 12, 2009

Ape City

I'm thinking of making a cardboard version of ape city...(or out of clay if I feel creative)
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Galen
    I'm thinking of making a cardboard version of ape city...(or out of clay if I feel creative)
    I look forward to seeing your Ape City! I was going to make a permanent one up on my backyard, but I've been too busy. And then I thought that maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea because critters might want to stay inside...so I think I will go with an indoor Ape City.
    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Cardboard is humanity's greatest creation.... although for an Ape City you might look into foam rubber or that really solid syrofoam. You could shape it into a rough rock/plaster look easily. (Just use water based acrylics on the styrofoam....)

Don C.

Comment

• Galen
        • Jan 12, 2009

lol, I'm new to the whole "Custom creations stuff" But eventually I will also create a "POTA Treehouse"

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Galen
          lol, I'm new to the whole "Custom creations stuff" But eventually I will also create a "POTA Treehouse"
          You will be amazed at how much you can accomplish if your heart is in it! I look forward to seeing your Ape City. Definitely, a POTA Treehouse (a home-made one) is much more dear and more fun to execute than a ready-made one.

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

Also, please read this wonderful thread. Look what a 12-year can accomplish...and that's way more than what I could have done then. (I'm playing catch-up now).

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES PLAYSET ...sort of... - Mego Talk

To do list:

Comment

• Captain
              Fighting the good fight!
              • Jun 17, 2001

When I was a kid my buddy and I built an Ape City out in the back of the orchard.We used old cinder blocks, tires, a large wooden wire spool (couple feet long--foot wide) made a guard tower,a wire mesh cage, and we used scraps of plywood to make tree houses in the caregana tree branches. Ape City was used for everything from Ape City, to a Trek planet, Western town for Johnny West, hideout for supervillians, and a space port for Star Wars. We had a blast with that set up, and it was left standing until we sold the farm when I was an adult. To an adult it probably looked like a bunch of trash in the bushes....to me it meant high adventure!!
              "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by jessica
                Also, please read this wonderful thread. Look what a 12-year can accomplish...and that's way more than what I could have done then. (I'm playing catch-up now).

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES PLAYSET ...sort of... - Mego Talk
                You beat me to it, I was going to suggest that thread to him too... I'm glad you did it though, because you were able to actually put the link in the post.

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by apes3978
                  You beat me to it, I was going to suggest that thread to him too... I'm glad you did it though, because you were able to actually put the link in the post.
                  That's because great minds think alike.

To do list:

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

Looking forward to your ape city
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jessica
                      I look forward to seeing your Ape City! I was going to make a permanent one up on my backyard, but I've been too busy. And then I thought that maybe that wouldn't be such a great idea because critters might want to stay inside...so I think I will go with an indoor Ape City.
                      Yeah an outdoor one would turn into Planet of the Squirrells pretty quick.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Yeah an outdoor one would turn into Planet of the Squirrells pretty quick.
                        That or Slug City!!

To do list:

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Captain
                          When I was a kid my buddy and I built an Ape City out in the back of the orchard.We used old cinder blocks, tires, a large wooden wire spool (couple feet long--foot wide) made a guard tower,a wire mesh cage, and we used scraps of plywood to make tree houses in the caregana tree branches. Ape City was used for everything from Ape City, to a Trek planet, Western town for Johnny West, hideout for supervillians, and a space port for Star Wars. We had a blast with that set up, and it was left standing until we sold the farm when I was an adult. To an adult it probably looked like a bunch of trash in the bushes....to me it meant high adventure!!
                          Man, I love reading stuff like this. Who says need a bunch of fancy storebought playsets to have fun! You must have a lot of great memories attached to that homemade set up!
                          Last edited by HardyGirl; Jan 14, '09, 5:51 PM.
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Captain
                            Fighting the good fight!
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Sure do HardyGirl.
                            Whenever I used to convince my sister to play "Apes" with me, she used to make Zauis a shopkeeper, and would pick berries and carregana seeds and set them up in his little shop. While I was trying to play out some serious human vs apes scenario, she would have the shopkeeper yelling at the humans to "keep outta my store you bums!" and throw stuff at them...more correctly...she would smoosh berries into their face. At the time I would always get mad at her for mucking up my toys....but I would do anything to be a kid in that orchard right now playing!!! (well..in the summertime anyways!)
                            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• jessica
                              fortune favors the bold
                              • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Captain
                              Sure do HardyGirl.
                              Whenever I used to convince my sister to play "Apes" with me, she used to make Zauis a shopkeeper, and would pick berries and carregana seeds and set them up in his little shop. While I was trying to play out some serious human vs apes scenario, she would have the shopkeeper yelling at the humans to "keep outta my store you bums!" and throw stuff at them...more correctly...she would smoosh berries into their face. At the time I would always get mad at her for mucking up my toys....but I would do anything to be a kid in that orchard right now playing!!! (well..in the summertime anyways!)
                              Wow. That sounds so magically fun. Why can't I remember my childhood?

To do list:

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎