X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Cast this film!!!

I'm going to throw out some classic movie/tv show titles (or you can add your own). Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to provide the perfect fantasy cast to make the show....Only rule is you cant cast anybody thats already played the part.

Your film choices are:

The Maltese Falcon

Mr. Roberts

Ten Commandments

Star Trek

Superman

Star Wars (any of the original three)
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Hmmm,

I'll take Ten Commandments

Starring .......

Hugh Laurie as Moses
    &
    The Rock as Pharaoh Ramesses II

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Star Wars:

Solo- David Ducovny
      Luke- not sure, needs to be some teen actor
      Ben- John Cleese
      3PO- Micheal Palin at least for the voice
      Leia-again, not sure needs to a young looking or teen girl
      Tarkin- Anthony Hopkins
      Vader- Ving Rhimes
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darklord1967
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Star Wars:

Solo- David Ducovny
        Luke- not sure, needs to be some teen actor
        Ben- John Cleese
        3PO- Micheal Palin at least for the voice
        Leia-again, not sure needs to a young looking or teen girl
        Tarkin- Anthony Hopkins
        Vader- Ving Rhimes

Wow! Not bad, T.

In keeping with George Lucas's style of casting relative unknowns as the main heroes and then more experienced / seasoned actors in the supporting roles here are my picks for casting a STAR WARS (Original Trilogy) re-make:

LUKE SKYWALKER: I'd suggest relative newcomer Josh Henderson, from the TV series "Desperate Housewives".

PRINCESS LEIA: I'd suggest relative newcomer Jessica Lowndes, also currently appearing in TV's "90210". She's tough, beautiful, and can act. She can easily portray the pedigree of a royal Princess, and a tough gun-totin' revolutionary. Plus she'd look so darn cute with the "cinnamon bun" hairstyle.

HAN SOLO: My pick would be David Duchovny. Rough around the edges, sardonic, cynical, and a bit of a bad boy. Nuff said.

CHEWBACCA: My pick would be Ron Pearlman. Big guy who's clearly comfortable wearing make-up and bulky costumes for a role.

BEN KENOBI: I'd go with Ian Mckellen. British and dignified. Perfect.

DARTH VADER: I suggest casting (former Pro Wrestler) Dwane Johnson (to wear the suit) and Michael Clarke Duncan dubbing the vocal performance.

"The Rock" would basically be turning in a physical performance here. The guy can move, and he's played sword-wielding warrior types before. This guy is highly underrated as an actor. He's really got a lot of talent.

C-3P0: Gary Oldman would make a great "manic British butler" interpretation of the character. I'm also thinking of his prissy Professor Smith portrayal in Lost In Space back in '98. The comedy in the character could come from his sarcastic "Alfred the bulter" -type delivery. I see this updated version of Threepio as "faithful droid with a bit of an edge".

GRAND MOFF TARKIN: I think Colm Feore would be excellent. He played amazing British-like villains in the past in "Titus" and the "Chronicles of Riddick". And that face... Those ice-cold eyes and those sunken cheeks. Brrrr.... I totally see this guy gleefully giving the order to vaporize Alderaan.

LANDO CALRISSIAN: Shemar Moore has the looks and the acting chops to pull off the suave Cloud City Administrator.

BOBA FETT: Jet Li. I would make that character far nastier, more deadly and more vicious. He'd wear the same armored suit, but rely much more on his speed than on his weapons.
        Last edited by darklord1967; Jan 13, '09, 9:13 AM.
        I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Perlman would be wasted in that role. as for McKellen, I considered it, but thought Cleese might bring more of an older Ewan McGregor feel to it than Ian. If they waited long enough Ewan could reprise the role.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darklord1967
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2008

I initially rejected Cleese due to his association with Monty Python and screwball comdey.

I just didn't see him as the older, wiser, more serious mystical wizard Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi.

However, as you pointed out, Cleese might actually be good as an extension of the more jovial, light-hearted (younger) version of the character that Lucas came up with for the prequels (as played by Ewan McGreggor), and the Clone Wars Animated Series.

I kinda can see Cleese as Kenobi if Special Order 66, and the terrible lightsaber battle with Anakin at Mustafar had never happened.
            Last edited by darklord1967; Jan 13, '09, 5:53 PM.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Vader- Ving Rhimes
              I hope you mean for the body only...because as a voice...oh hell no, lol.
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

And would McKellen want to get type cast as old wizard-y guys?

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by darklord1967
                  Wow! Not bad, T.

In keeping with George Lucas's style of casting relative unknowns as the main heroes and then more experienced / seasoned actors in the supporting roles here are my picks for casting a STAR WARS (Original Trilogy) re-make:

LUKE SKYWALKER: I'd suggest relative newcomer Josh Henderson, from the TV series "Desperate Housewives".

PRINCESS LEIA: I'd suggest relative newcomer Jessica Lowndes, also currently appearing in TV's "90210". She's tough, beautiful, and can act. She can easily portray the pedigree of a royal Princess, and a tough gun-totin' revolutionary. Plus she'd look so darn cute with the "cinnamon bun" hairstyle.

HAN SOLO: My pick would be David Duchovny. Rough around the edges, sardonic, cynical, and a bit of a bad boy. Nuff said.

CHEWBACCA: My pick would be Ron Pearlman. Big guy who's clearly comfortable wearing make-up and bulky costumes for a role.

BEN KENOBI: I'd go with Ian Mckellen. British and dignified. Perfect.

DARTH VADER: I suggest casting (former Pro Wrestler) Dwane Johnson (to wear the suit) and Michael Clarke Duncan dubbing the vocal performance.

"The Rock" would basically be turning in a physical performance here. The guy can move, and he's played sword-wielding warrior types before. This guy is highly underrated as an actor. He's really got a lot of talent.

C-3P0: Gary Oldman would make a great "manic British butler" interpretation of the character. I'm also thinking of his prissy Professor Smith portrayal in Lost In Space back in '98. The comedy in the character could come from his sarcastic "Alfred the bulter" -type delivery. I see this updated version of Threepio as "faithful droid with a bit of an edge".

GRAND MOFF TARKIN: I think Colm Feore would be excellent. He played amazing British-like villains in the past in "Titus" and the "Chronicles of Riddick". And that face... Those ice-cold eyes and those sunken cheeks. Brrrr.... I totally see this guy gleefully giving the order to vaporize Alderaan.

LANDO CALRISSIAN: Shemar Moore has the looks and the acting chops to pull off the suave Cloud City Administrator.

BOBA FETT: Jet Li. I would make that character far nastier, more deadly and more vicious. He'd wear the same armored suit, but rely much more on his speed than on his weapons.
                  Good solid picks..but I have a couple of issues as well though...

David Duchovny (6' 0") and Ron Perlman (6' 2") are only two inches apart in height...I think you need a much taller actor for Chewbacca...I think someone like Brad Garrett (6' 8") from Everybody Loves Raymond fame would be perfect as Chewbacca...

I also think the Rock has a great voice...I've seen him lower it a bit...and he sounds very elegant and menacing at the same time...I can see the Rock pulling off the Vader voice...although Michael Duncan is a great choice too as well.

sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Vader- Ving Rhames
                    Fantastic!

Ben: "You can't win, Darth!"
                    Vader: "I'm gonna get medieval on your ***!"
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

My pick for Star Wars:
                      Eddy Murphy (all roles....)

Luke: "How ya doing, suga! I'm here to rescue you, I'm with that old fart Kenobi!"
                      Leia: "Come over here and park your skinny white *** on Grandma Organa's lap!"
                      Last edited by Gorn Captain; Jan 13, '09, 6:26 PM.
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Captain
                        Fighting the good fight!
                        • Jun 17, 2001

^^^^ Man, I hope George Lucas doesnt see this!!!
                        "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Why? ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Certainly much better than the garbage he has put up lately.

sigpic

Comment

• darklord1967
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
                            Good solid picks..but I have a couple of issues as well though...

David Duchovny (6' 0") and Ron Perlman (6' 2") are only two inches apart in height...I think you need a much taller actor for Chewbacca...I think someone like Brad Garrett (6' 8") from Everybody Loves Raymond fame would be perfect as Chewbacca...

Oh... my... GOD! You're right! How could I have missed that? Brad Garrett is a PERFECT choice for Chewbacca. Infinitely better than Perlman. Good call Hector!

The only trouble is he has gone on record as saying how much he hates STAR WARS.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Again, I think Garrett would be a waste in a furry suit. That character does not need to be a star talent. Just get some washed up NBA guy.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎