X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

The Slap Chop

I never pay attention to late night commercials or informacials, but this particular item caught my eye...

YouTube - Vince with Slap Chop (Long version)

I think that's a pretty good item...I cook and chop a lot of stuff...and it does get tiresome...this makes it pretty easy.

That dude says at one point, "You are gonna love my nuts"...lol.

An independent review on the Slap Chop...

Slap Chop Reviews | JennyReviews.com

I think I'm going to order one.

sigpic
  • kryptosmaster
    Removed.
    • Jun 14, 2008

I didn't view the link but is this the one I'm thinking of? The same guy that does the Shammy commercial? I find that guy super-annoying and wouldn't buy anything from him. He comes off as a slick shyster to me.
    Rich

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

I think that guy is a pretty great salesman. Slick isn't the word I would use. Just the opposite, actually, his coarseness and personality is very winning, and the products look like winners. I love his New Jersey attitude. A nice change from the cheesey British/Aussie hucksters they always use on informercials.
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• kryptosmaster
        Removed.
        • Jun 14, 2008

Maybe I used the wrong word but there's just something about the guy that makes me not trust him. Seems like one of those fast talking salesmen that try to confuse you.
        Just the vibe I get. Sorry.
        Rich

Not only that but 95% of the time they make all these TV things look WAAAAY better than they actually are once you get them home and try to use them.
        Last edited by kryptosmaster; Jan 12, '09, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

I like him better than the guy that yells at you. I can't remember his name, but he yells and he's got a beard.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by jessica
            I like him better than the guy that yells at you. I can't remember his name, but he yells and he's got a beard.
            You mean Dad?

I think the dude you are referring to is Billy Mays. THAT DUDE TALKS IN ALL CAPS!!!!

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by saildog
              You mean Dad?

I think the dude you are referring to is Billy Mays. THAT DUDE TALKS IN ALL CAPS!!!!
              Yes! That's the guy. I really hate him.

My husband says that with this very bad economy, we will be seeing more of these infomercials as the big companies tighten their belts with advertising. These infomercials are always available to fill in the tv advertising slots that don't sell.
              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎