X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Batmite rocks!!

Well, not really but I'm just in the midst of watching The New Adventures Of Batman and it's a real blast.

From Adam West and Burt Ward camping it up even more in animation, to the goofy and sometimes bizarre storylines it all adds up to must see DVD.

I was amused much more than annoyed by Batmite, which surprised even me.

Once again, Filmation's secret weapon is the music cues. I love the ones they created especially for Batman. I love that they also borrow from what was heavily used in Star Trek especially in episodes where they they are fighting a villian from Batmite's planet.

Anyway, don't know how many of you know both the 60's Superman and the 70's Batman are out on DVD now. Enjoy.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Some of my favourite recent Bat-Mite appearances.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ABMAC
      User
      • May 16, 2002

That "Mitefall" cover sucks SOOOOO bad. I had to stare at it for over a minute before I figured out that the brown lumpy thing was a character.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Batmite SUCKS!!!! Worse than the Great Gazoo, or whatever that annoying character was on the Flintstones. Only character worse than Batmite is Baby Plas from Plastic Man Cartoons.

Comment

• Wolverine1969
          Career Member
          • Apr 7, 2005

Watching my DVD now too and Batmite is really, really annoying. I didn't mind as a kid, but now....
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Not that i know much about the character, but I always appreciated
            the idea that he (more or less) represented the equivalent of Myxie
            except in the Batman "world"
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
              Batmite SUCKS!!!! Worse than the Great Gazoo, or whatever that annoying character was on the Flintstones. Only character worse than Batmite is Baby Plas from Plastic Man Cartoons.
              While Baby Plas was indeed the devil, I have to point out the lowest of the low, the true ""Cousin Oliver" of the cartoon world is Scrappy Doo.

Nobody sucks worse, if you don't agree with me, then I must fight you.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

BatMite does suck, I'll give you that. But I also believe that there were characters far worse than BatMite. I am inclined to agree about Scrappy Doo being the absolute worst of them all. But I will say that if you were to name the Top 10 most useless cartoon characters in a Super Hero show, BatMite would make the list, but he would be at 9 or 10. I can think of many worse characters. Right off the bat, second and third to Scrappy Doo, there are Gleek and Wonder Dog from the SuperFriends. These two were an abomination in animation history. I also vote in HERBIE the Robot on the 1978 Fantastic Four series. How about Miss Lyon, Aunt May's pooch on SpiderMan and His Amazing Friends. Blip the monkey on Space Ghost. Tusky the Walrus on the Aquaman cartoons by Filmation. Orko on HeMan. To me, BatMite would make number 8, 9, or 10.
                I never liked BatMite in the comics, but I did like the Filmation version's appearance plus if no one liked BatMite, for that matter, neither did Batman and Robin. Unlike Gleek and Wonder Dog, who the Caped Crusaders regarded them as friends. BatMite was a pest to our heroes in the Filmation world.
                This DVD set is the Holy Grail to my Bat Collection. I have viewed it and thoroughly enjoyed it all over again.
                Adam and Burt played our heroes they way they knew how but I felt their campiness was slightly less than the TV show, which I thought was good. Still familiar but a little more straight laced. I guess that was because of BatMite.
                BTW, I love that office Commissioner Gordon had in this series. Real state of the art.
                Cheers.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

MONKEY FIGHT!

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Zan and Jayna making out is hot
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• mego boy CA
                      megos are FUN!!
                      • Mar 30, 2006

Batmite, As a kid he was the best. Now aggggggggghhhhhh. not that great.
                      sigpic
                      "To The Batmobile!"
                      "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

I always thought BatMite was annoying, but cute. My fave BatMite line: "You telling a guy 2 feet tall to stay low?" Don't forget AOL users, you can watch this series on IN2TV.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Actually,I think Bandit from Jonny Quest was worse. Not helping his case was the guy who created Jonny Quest who was know to say "I hate that d*** dog."

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by huedell
                            Not that i know much about the character, but I always appreciated
                            the idea that he (more or less) represented the equivalent of Myxie
                            except in the Batman "world"
                            I have a fondness for any crossover involving both Myx and Bat-Mite.

Essentially Myx gets off on bothering Superman, whereas Bat-Mite is driven by Hero-worshipping Batman... however the end result is generally the same none-the-less. Mayhem in the lives of Superman and Batman whenever either of them appear.

I'm amazed at how well their appearances worked in the final arc of Jeph Loeb's run on Superman/Batman.

I'm amazed that no one has come up with this new "gritty" Batzarro sooner.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Scrappy-Doo is indeed the worst "add-on cute character" ever. His pressence destroyed the classic Scooby formula, and sent Fred, Velma and Daphne packing. HB apparently thought everyone liked Scrappy, and I've yet to meet anyone who really did. Even as a kid, we all hated him, and hoped for his demise. Heck, he was revealed as the master villain in the first live-action Scobby movie, what's that tell you?

Filmation batman fan makes a valid point. At least Batman and Robin were also annoyed by Bat-mite. I think Filmation should have used him more sparingly. If he was only on a few episodes (or none) it would have been better.

I really dug that World's Funnest one-shot a few years back, where Mxy and Bat-Mite inadvertantly kill Superman and Batman, and go through tons of old DC comic stories and universes. Great stuff!!!

As for other annoying characters;
                              Wonder Dog- Not as annoying as Wendy and Marvin
                              Gleek- At least he actually did something from time to time, and was usually treated as just a pet.
                              Orko-Annoyed me as a kid, as an adult, he's really no more annoying than a good number of He-Man characters.

Chris

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎