Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just watched the 1st Batman movie again...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

I just watched the 1st Batman movie again...

I haven't seen it in about ten years, and I know alot of people didn't like Keaton, but of the movies I have seen, he was my favorite Batman and this was the best movie.

I guess Tim Burton and Jack Nicholson made this movie, not Keaton, but Keaton fit the role of a rich, quiet guy better than Clooney and 1000x better than Kilmer. I have yet to see the Bale movies.

I could not stand Chris O'Donnell as Robin, but I never liked Robin even as a kid. I put Robin down there with the Wonder Twins.
    Last edited by theantiquetiger; Jul 3, '07, 8:53 AM.
    sigpic
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Did you see it on AMC? I watched it Sunday. I still like it a lot. It doesn't get dull. I think it's still well paced.

The sequence from the point where Jack Napier says, " We've been ratted out boys!" all the way to the point where Batman leaves in a cloud of smoke on the catwalk has to be one of the best on-screen build-up's in comic book superhero films. The Danny Elfman music, they way Batman takes out the criminals one by one and Nicholson confronting The Batman. It's like clockwork. Not a moment is wasted or lost in that sequence. It's still terrific!

If Burton could've built on this instead of tearing it down when he made Batman Returns he could've matured in his film-making style. Instead I think Burton went backwards and took Batman down with him after this film.
    Last edited by johnmiic; Jul 3, '07, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

I also think this is the best of The Batman films,while I think Bale makes the best overall Batman,I think Keaton looks the best with the suit on,and Jack is just perfect as the Joker
      Last edited by toys2cool; Jul 3, '07, 12:51 PM.
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
        • Nov 12, 2005

Yes, i watched it on AMC late last night. It still is a great movie, but like I said, I think Jack made the movie.

I forgot Danny Elfman did the score, that was great as well. He has done some incredible stuff, Edward Sissorhands, Batman, Spiderman, etc.

Some one had made a comment in another post saying they didn't like Danny Devito as the Penguin. He was the only good thing in the second movie.
        sigpic

Comment

• RG
          Removed.
          • Oct 1, 2004

You know I was a huge Batman fan as a kid and couldn't wait to see Batman in 1989 but after seeing it, my Batman fandom fell fast. I tried to like the film, but just couldn't. It didn't have the right Batman feel to it for me. I was only 12 at the time so maybe I was a bit too young to take it all in, but to this day I disliked all of the Batman films until Batman Begins. I think I like Begins because it has a more of a Batman feel to it. Given it's not the best film, but to me I see it as more "true" Batman than the others. I do admit I love ol' Jack as the Joker in '89s Batman and he makes the film worth watching once in a while. 89's is a good film and would have been great if it had been a new Superhero creation, but at least to me it's just not a good Batman film.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Yeah---I think a lot of the idea of enjoying Burton's Batman and the Returns
            sequel is would you appreciate a Burton DCU in general, and, yes I would
            appreciate that
            ----I mean, would I want the DCU to ALWAYS be in Burton's hands? No.

But
            it was great just for two movies worth.

I wish Burton would've gotten a shot at Superman,

but then again,
            if Burton DID get a shot at Supes, then maybe we wouldn't have gotten
            this "sequel" to the Reeve stuff with the Singer Supes Returns...and I love
            that.... so...hey

If I had it up to me, and could pick one more DCU character that I'd like to
            see Burton make a movie with, it'd be PLASTICMAN or possibly the CREEPER
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• brineb
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 26, 2006

I suppose I am in the minority, but I still can't stomach Keaton as Batman. I really liked Christian Bale in the recent one, but Batman is FOREVER Adam West in my mind, probably because I was 9 when the TV series premiered and it still holds up for me.
              I also play with other dolls:
              http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I dispise Batman 89 with every fiber of My being! They never really made a "Batman Movie" until, Batman: Mask of the Phantasn! Thank God for Chris Nolan & David Goyer for FINALLY "getting it RIGHT"!! Now I have one Live action Batman Movie I can truely revel in...there is a GOD!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎