Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Do Their Own Framing (Picture that is)?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

Anyone Do Their Own Framing (Picture that is)?

I never realized how easy and how much you can save by going to Hobby Lobby and framing stuff yourself. Actually, Michael's has a better selection of frames, but they do not cut mats while you wait.

This cost me nearly $150 to get framed and there was nothing special:

I did these the last few days myself for less than $25 each:

sigpic
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Did you know that in recorded and authenticated pit fights between lions and tigers...that the lion won the majority of the encounters?

Just letting you know.

sigpic

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
      Stuck in a laundry shoot.
      • Oct 8, 2007

Did you know that in this authenticated attack in Kaziranga National Park, the tiger bites the crap out of the mahout?

Popular short version:
      YouTube - Tiger Attack!

Full Length Version.
      YouTube - Kaziranga National Park - Tiger Attack - Complete Video

Moral: You shouldn't throw sticks at tigers, it doesn't help any; or Always keep a guy in front of you when riding an elephant, or; get a taller elephant.

BTW, I worked in a frame shop and yes it's expensive, but you can save by doing it yourself, and then you have some really nice stuff for the wall. It beats the hell out of thumbtacks. And can really make your pieces stand out. They look good.
      Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Jan 9, '09, 8:16 PM.
      "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• 4NDR01D
        Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
        • Jan 22, 2008

I always though "a frame is a frame", but any frame I've bought (Ikea,Walmart etc) has fallen apart and looked horrible. I take all my expensive prints to Michaels, I just feel that it's best to not mess around. Having said that, I think you did an excellent job framing up your LSU keepsakes.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎