X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lepage
    The Ape General
    • Aug 12, 2001

Left 4 Dead (zombie carnage)

My wife got me a gift card for game stop so I went and picked up some new titles, One of which is "Left 4 Dead".

Its a first person shooter game with a serious body count! There are some cool extras you can pick up along the way like pipe bombs and V. coctails.

When the zombies come at you, they come fast and in huge numbers. Its an unwritten law that zombies dont move fast but this game is the exception. There are some other dangers apart from the hordes of the undead. There are Hunters which are fast and prance on you, there are smokers which can lash out and grab you with thier long mutant tongues, there are boomers which vomit green sludge on you which messes you up, there are zombie "whitches" that you dont want to shine your light on or disturb because they are fast and furious.

There is a great "horror movie" soundtrack that climaxes at each attack.

I imagine this game would be great for online play as well but on its own, its a title I'd suggest trying out.
  • daffy213
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 3, 2003

Gotta concur on this game. My friend just picked it up. I first watched him and his son playing it and was floored with so much mayhem going on I immediately informed him that I wanted to play next.
    I Reject Your Reality and Substitute My Own....

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

cool,I've been wanting to check it out.I'll just wait till it goes down just a little bit
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

I want this soooooooooo Badly!!!!!!!

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I downloaded the Demo on X-Live...it was FUN! It's best when played Co-Op, with Friends(not as much fun by Yourself). It moved well, and I like how the Zombies could move REALLY FAST!!

My one complaint would be that it only has projected Sights(you can't look staight down the Gun Barrel...except for the Sniper Rifle). All in all...it's seems like pretty darn good Game!
          sigpic

Comment

• steelcouch
            Career Member
            • Feb 11, 2006

Going to get it for my son. Cover doesnt look to appealing but sounds like its a pretty cool game. Bought him dead space for christmas and sounds like its similiar to the same theme. He loves those types of games.

Comment

• IRON37
              • Apr 15, 2009

This game is awesome! I love zombie movies as it is, but this is addictive and fun. Especially online. I like the fact that like you said they run at you like the dawn of the dead or 28 days later zombies/ infected. They just swarm you and it gets hectic. Shotguns and machineguns going off everywhere while you try to bat them away with your gun. Simple but classic no doubt.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎