X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

New Countdown teaser pic

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Very interesting!

Trickster seems to be holding Pied Piper's sonic flute...and wearing the 2nd Trickster's pants?

Cyborg Supes seemes to be conferring with Kingdom Come Supes and "Returned from the Dead" Supes?

Mary Marvel appears to have been corrupted by Granny Goodness and Eclipso but that's no surprise really...

Nice to see Luthor in the Superfriends suit...I'm tired of the warsuit Luthor myself...

Besides the broken Green Arrow on the ground, what's the rest of that stuff? Is that the Book of Crime? Phantom Zone Projector?

These teaser images always look cool but I feel that Countdown is a letdown so far...sorta like "52", some cool sequences and arcs but on a whole a lot of filler.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

pretty sure that's the book of Destiny. Interesting that Penguin looks like a Earth 2 version.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        pretty sure that's the book of Destiny. Interesting that Penguin looks like a Earth 2 version.
        You are right. If you look closely he has gray hair and his face appears to be aged.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

re: The Penguin, I think it's just Ethan Van Sciver's personal style coming through in his interpretation of Cobblepot.

That does look like the Bible of Crime on the ground alongside Black Racer's broken skies and poles. Not sure what the box with the sun on it is.

Note the Joy Buzzer Joker is palming behind Catwoman and The Atom symbol glowing on KC Superman's hand.

Is that Hippolyta's Wonder Woman Shield behind Granny Goodness?
          Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 3, '07, 5:06 PM.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Just noticed that Superman-In-Black appears to have his hand cupped, whispering to Cyborg Superman maybe? Plus, he's got his back turned to the camera...hmmmmmmm

Is that Brother Eye in the center of the firey background?
            Last edited by The Toyroom; Jul 3, '07, 5:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

That has to be one of the most bizarre pix with familliar characters I've seen

Don't know if I'll ever read the book, but thanks for posting the cool pic

Love that Luthor costume
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• brineb
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 26, 2006

Very interesting INDEED!!! Looks like a lot of 4th World references, why are they around the smashed statue of Darkseid and what are Superman and batman's capes doing on the ground!!!
                I also play with other dolls:
                http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

cool--the series has picked up a bit as late, I think it has real potential.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎