X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Signature Series Reed and Johnny

Johnny Storm kinda sucks, especially that headsculpt. I really like Reed, tho.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...3&itemid=10997
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That Johnny sculpt looks like they tried to combine the classic comic, the current Cartoon Network cartoon, and the movie. It doesn't look like any of them, or Johnny. The snap-on flame stuff is cool though. My kid will want them though.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I would have preferred an all cloth flame Johnny as opposed to that but it makes no difference because my son will freak when he sees these.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

As far as I'm concerned the big question is: When will they do the THING? Will they do a really good job on him or do him right as an ICONS series release? I don't understand why in these other lines they don't take the opportunity to release different artists interpetaions of him: Kirby, Sinnott, Byrne, Art Adams, Weringo. They did an early Kirby THING style in the Legends line last year. I say we need more. He has had many different looks.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

I must admit I have liked all the Sig Series figures but these really suck IMO. Johnny looks like his head is stretched out and why do Reed with permanently extended arms. Sure they're great to scratch your feet when your back hurts but that's about it. I don't even see any resemblence to any particular source artist or actor. I do like the snap on flames. Why not issue him with two suits? One like the Mego and one blue non-flame. With the sculpts that I've seen here from people that are only in this for a hobby is this the best Hasbro can find? I look at some of the customs here and wonder why most can blow away the product from a major toy company with sculptors and artists on their payroll. Why would these companies spend huge dollars on licensing to put out such a crappy product? I thought the previous releases looked good and held some comic appearance. Even Iron Spidey which I will put in the class of Superman Blue as they should fight to the death in a Marvel/DC crossover and neither should win, looked good. I would have preferred a Carnage or Venom in that line especially with the movie release but hey I don't make the decisions at Hasbro. I agree with John and the ICONS Thing. Properly planned they could have done the other three Sig Series,(Gee an Invisible Woman figure that looks like Jessica Alba!! Think that would have sold? I know I would have bought one!!) and the Icons Thing would have fit right in with them in scale and could have had a very nice stone-like appearance. I still think the old toy-Biz 10" Thing figure looks great with the original Mego figures on display. It just amazes me that big companies continue to show that having the money to buy the rights does not mean you have the talent to pull it off. Hire some 24 year old out of work comic book readers at minimum wage to sit around an office and tell you how to do things. At least the figures will look right. I must be PMS'ing.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

These get worse and worse.

That Johnny Storm sculpt really sucks eggs.
            Last edited by Hulk; Jul 6, '07, 4:16 AM.

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

"Why not issue him with two suits? One like the Mego and one blue non-flame."

That'd be a great idea (I would've preferred that as well)----by today's
              standards though---the designers would probably find a cloth suit
              representing flames to be too abstract

Who know, if they add enough more characters to this series---I might
              wanna purcharse a bunch of 'em....Dr. Strange and 70s "Jessica"
              Spider Woman would be a cool incentive among others
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

I understand why they are making Reed and Johnny given the fact that the Signature Series figures all use the same stock Male Bodies, however I really think that if they are making Fantastic Four figures, Hasbro should bite the bullet and produced The Thing and Invisible Woman.

Originally posted by johnmiic
                As far as I'm concerned the big question is: When will they do the THING? Will they do a really good job on him or do him right as an ICONS series release? I don't understand why in these other lines they don't take the opportunity to release different artists interpetaions of him: Kirby, Sinnott, Byrne, Art Adams, Weringo. They did an early Kirby THING style in the Legends line last year. I say we need more. He has had many different looks.
                I can see The Thing not being very cost effective for them given the fact that they would have to make and entirely new and unique body for him.

Although it just occurred to me that the work-around would be to make the Base a Ben Grim figure, and then just have The Things Rocky exterior as snap on accessories covering him from head to toe in orange rock.

With Invisible Woman, it would simply be a matter of developing a generic female body that can be re-used for many other female Marvel Characters.
                Last edited by samurainoir; Jul 3, '07, 9:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

"Although it just occurred to me that the work-around would be to make the Base a Ben Grim figure, and then just have The Things Rocky exterior as snap on accessories covering him from head to toe in orange rock."

With all respect, my opinion is that snap-on pieces wouldn't be
                  cost-effective and that even a new body shape would be a
                  cheaper investment
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• brineb
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 26, 2006

They scare me!!!
                    I also play with other dolls:
                    http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

"Signature Series"? More like "crap-on-a-stick"!
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• joshvox
                        Clown Prince of Crime
                        • Mar 21, 2006

I have to say that those are some bad looking figures. Their selections with this line have me scratching my head.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 12, 2004

The Human Torch looks like Jon Voight with a buzz-cut.

Comment

• Megospidey
                            Museum Webslinger
                            • Jul 26, 2006

Wow! Okay...I get it. I won't sculpt anymore heads for Hasbro. Geez.

Seriously - I agree with everyone else. Just plain junk. And my 3 boys will want them, so I'll have to look at it every day.

Comment

• mego boy CA
                              megos are FUN!!
                              • Mar 30, 2006

Not that great, i rather have megos.
                              sigpic
                              "To The Batmobile!"
                              "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰