Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laparka
    • Jun 12, 2007

To AFA or not to AFA

That is the question. I would love to hear your opinions on whether or not you should have toys graded. I have had about 20 Star Wars (vintage) toys graded for my own collection. I have since sold two and kept the rest. I guess I just thought it was neat to have them in custom cases and protected from myself. What are some opinions on if you think it increases value, if you think it's dumb and a waste of money or if you have had a ton of problems dealing with the company itself like I have. I don't have any Mego figures graded because I can only afford loose. The only carded figure I have is a Batgirl and she is killed, no use to send that in.
    sigpic
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Protective cases are a good idea. Paying a company with no credibility to grade your figures is a waste of money.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
      Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
      • Nov 12, 2005

I understand grading comics and sports cards, but can care less if a toy is graded or not.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Your choice, but AFA, and the entire concept of sealing Mego's up permanently to preserve value (and I have no problem with people wanting value in their collection), in my humble opinion...

SUCKS

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by ABMAC
          Protective cases are a good idea. Paying a company with no credibility to grade your figures is a waste of money.
          Nuff said
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• grayhank
            That Fisher Price Guy
            • Feb 9, 2007

Next to Insurance Companies, AFA Grading is probably the biggest scam to ever come along. You're basically paying for somebody elses opinion (mainly Wizard/ToyFare.)

I've said it before: "It's only worth what somebody else is willing to pay!" But P.T. Barnum said it best "There's a sucker born every minute".
            Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

I go along with all the views for far. Personally I'd never buy an AFA graded toy and have never seen a reason why to. It's your call in the end. Good luck.

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

i love the sealed case idea but not the grading. i woiuld rather spend money on more megos then have someone tell me its a c9 or a garde of 85. just my opinion.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

to me it depends,if it's an expensive rare piece I'd do it,just cause people pay so much for them
                  Last edited by toys2cool; Jul 15, '07, 9:37 PM.
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎