Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you still have the Phantom license Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Will you still have the Phantom license Next Year?

When Dynamite (and Alex Ross) start producing their comic book version?

One would think that would be a great way to piggy back their big marketing push. I'd also imagine that Ross might dig Mego's too since he grew up in the "Superfriends" era.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

Yea we will have it for the bulk of 2009 as well... if things go well and extension would be fairly easy I would think. I am looking forward to this new Phantom book, though I have alwyas been a big fan of the Moonstone stuff. In fact it's the only modern comic I buy to read

-Dave

Comment

• blastphemey
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 11, 2008

is it going to be a graphic novel?

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Man, I am really tired of Ross's name getting tacked onto every property Dynamite gets. From what I've read, their Phantom doesn't sound all that exciting.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Man, I am really tired of Ross's name getting tacked onto every property Dynamite gets. From what I've read, their Phantom doesn't sound all that exciting.
          Yeah what's the deal with him and Dynamite? And for some reason Dynamite is attached to Ross' Avengers/Invaders mini...???
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• starsky
            veteran member
            • Aug 26, 2007

just out of curiosity, what's a ball park range $$$ of acquiring a license? say something like a comic book character or cartoon character.

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
              Yeah what's the deal with him and Dynamite? And for some reason Dynamite is attached to Ross' Avengers/Invaders mini...???
              I don't think that things ended very smoothly with Marvel over the Earth/Universe/Paradise x saga. My understanding is that Nick Barucci brokered the deal for their return to the Marvel U in this series. I'd hazard a guess that Dynamite is working as the packager of Avengers/Invaders in much the same way Event Comics put together the original Marvel Knights line-up or Liefeld and Lee (pre-DC Wildstorm/Homage and Extreme studios?) produced Heroes Reborn for Marvel. Just my speculation.

David, have you had any conversations with Dynamite? Maybe they can be your "in" with Diamond?

And how cool would Alex Ross artwork be for a Phantom Action figure?

Ross even dresses up like the Phantom!

Here's hoping that the Phantom movie they announced about a month back also helps your cause!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The Phantom movie is going to be set in the here and now, like the Dynamite book, he really works better as a period piece.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

That is one sweaty Phantom.

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    The Phantom movie is going to be set in the here and now, like the Dynamite book, he really works better as a period piece.
                    I don't agree with that at all. The Phantom works in all periods. And since the late Lee Falk brought his original creation from 1936 into the 90s, that set the stage for Phantom tales in all periods. I love reading the stuff from the 40s but I find Falk's 70s stories fantastic. And most all Phantom comics series are set in the modern era of when they are published whether from King, Gold Key, Charlton, DC, Moonstone, or Egmont and Frew. I can't say for Marvel since I never read their limited Phantom output. Right now I am reading a large run of the Frew (Australia) published PHANTOM comics from the mid-90s which are Swedish and Italian reprints and they are set in the 90s. They are wonderful reads and are positive additions to Phantom continuity. And best of all there is always room to tell stories from the previous 20 Phantoms over the past 400 years.
                    Scott

Comment

• samurainoir
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Dec 26, 2006

Is the Phantom 2040 a separate license? If not, that could be a very easy variant to produce by adding a couple of the "futuristic" accessories!

Comment

• roman
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jan 25, 2003

My Fiance gave me Ross's Mythology book. I love the man's work, it's so beautiful. I had the entire Justice series and gave it away. I don't know, I think that the book format is way more suitable for his work than the comic pages.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Actually, go check out the Kingdom Superman special out now to see his pencil/inks. He's a lot better than I expected.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎