X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Let The Right One In

Just watched this Swedish Vampie movie a friend recommended. Wow. Such a good film. If it's playing in you area, go see it, otherwise DVD in March.
    http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/
    This profile is no longer active.
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow that looks sick!! man they're not playing that here Can't wait
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ramsey37
      • Jun 18, 2001

I've heard alot of good things about this movie, but no one in my area ever showed it. I'll have to wait for the DVD.
      George

Comment

• Vortigern99
        Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
        • Jul 2, 2006

Saw this in Austin a few weeks ago -- it's very, very good. It moves a bit slow, but it feels very real, and the scenes of horror and gore are shockingly intense, all the more so because they happen in the midst of this otherwise sweet story of young friendship and budding romantic affection. Extremely intriguing, reminds me a bit of the premise of The Hunger.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

It looks good, but at the same time I have the feeling I'm not gonna like it, which is weird cause I love vampire movies
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• kinostadt
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 14, 2004

I saw this film in November in Minneapolis. At that point, I hadn't heard much about it. Since then, it seems like it's getting more and more rave reviews. It had some flaws, but over all I really liked it.

However, this seems like the type of film that tends to slowly build in hype, until by the time most people end up seeing it, their expectations are so high that the film can't help but disappoint somewhat.

I do recommend that you all see it, but try to come in to it with tempered expectations and you will enjoy it.

Comment

• michael crawford
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 15, 2008

I'm reading the book right now (which happens to have the same title) and I'll be interested to see how it translates. The book is definitely recommended reading.

Comment

• unataper
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 8, 2007

I just saw this last week...Great movie!! I highly recommend seeing this film!!
                For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

• mazinz
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 2, 2007

without spoiling anything I will let you guys know now that the book offers more backstory and answers some of the more odd scenes you will see during the film

in fact this would be one of the rare times I would say to see the film first, then read the book
                  "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

I've been waiting for this one. i don't think it'll play here, so I'll wait for DVD.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎