X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Rhino: head sculpt

I liked this new Hulk body so much that I bought another one and re-sculpted the head for a Rhino.
    I am going to see if I can find some gray Lycra or stretch material and try to find a pattern for his whole body.
    The head was still wet when I took the picture. He is still a work very much in progress.

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Ya know, this could actually work.

I had my doubts when you mentioned converting to a Rhino. The work on the head looks good. Maybe someone on here has a pattern for the 12 inch Mego bodysuits that could work. THe figure looks to be around 9.5 inches. You could adjust the pattern's arms and legs accordingly for length. Or you could print one of the numerous patterns avialable for 1/9 scale and go to Kinkos and blow it up around 75 percent. You still might have to freehand the torso part.

The fabric you use will be critical. An 80/20 poly-spandex should stretch enough to cover his masive traps and shoulders. Grey is going to be hard so you might want to buy white(available at Hancock this season) and Rit dye it.

Just a couple of thoughts that may or may not be useful.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Cosmicman
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 12, 2005

Yeah, now that the head is drying, I almost have to find a pattern for this body. It took me a few hours to get this scupt down perfect. I love this body they used for this Hulk. I am not sure who else is this size, but for now I am gonna go snooping around and see if I can find some stretch fabric to build a body suit for this guy.

You just reminded me. I have that stupid 12" Batman doll I found at a junkstore that I can't sell. I might gut that body suit and try some patterns from it. Thanks for reminding me!
      Last edited by Cosmicman; Jan 6, '09, 12:12 AM.
      More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Just do what I do. Put the figure on top of a paper towel and trace around it, as close to the body as possible. Then, add seam allowance as you cut out the paper towel, and voila, instant pattern! You can't mess up if you're working with stretch fabric.
        Last edited by jessica; Jan 6, '09, 2:42 PM.
        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
          • Oct 8, 2007

Also, when your done with the suit, put it on the figure inside out and then you can stitch up the saggy spots for a nice snug fit, once it's flipped right way out. Your head sculpt seems to be working out quite well.
          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• blastphemey
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 11, 2008

whooo!! that be lookin nice!

Comment

• jessica
              fortune favors the bold
              • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
              Also, when your done with the suit, put it on the figure inside out and then you can stitch up the saggy spots for a nice snug fit, once it's flipped right way out. Your head sculpt seems to be working out quite well.
              I do that, too. ...but I haven't customized anything clothing related lately.
              Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
              Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
              1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
              1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                • Oct 8, 2007

^^^I am not sure where I got that one, Jessica, you may have suggested it to me a while back.
                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎