X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

It's true,never mix business w/ freindship

Ok so I have a younger friend that I've known since forever and he's more like a little brother,he just turned 21 his mom had passed away last year of a heart attack (it was a real shocker) so w/e we all feel super bad for him and I'm telling you treat like family.

His mom was into real estate so he became a Realtor this year,everyone knows how bad things are so selling a home is difficult,he hadn't sold crap.He told any of us that if we find him a buyer he would give us the 15% referral fee that he would give any broker (he said %20 first and then changed it to 15,I should've known he was up to something there)

So I get him sister,this guy sucks and I have to do most of the work like find my sister a home,show it her because he has another day job,I was there when the inspector showed because he could'nt make it.My sister just wanted to tell this guy off and drop his *** but I convinced her not to.

w/e the home she bought was $150K his cut is 3% that's $4500,the check get's there today.He calls me and tells me that his company is charging him this big mentoring fee of $600 for the first 4 homes he sells there and a bunch of other crap,now he says he could only give me $400 instead of the $750,SHOULD I just beat the crap out of this guy for trying to screw me after I'm the only one helping him out?
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

A deals a deal. He should have done his research better. He wouldn't have anything without your help, so he needs to pay what he promised. Tough crap if he doesn't have much left over. You outta be able to persuade him, doctors bills for a busted jaw should add up to well more than 750, so he'd be doing himself a favor by paying you the original cut.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• TEXASFETT
      #1 Bounty Hunter
      • Aug 29, 2008

Hey take the money and then beat chet out of him.I have been there when selling race cars to friends.It sad but it happens and you still getting something,but not what was told to you.Some Realtors are just greedy even if its your own blood or friend,money changes everything.
      Last edited by TEXASFETT; Dec 30, '08, 1:49 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

yeah guys i agree. W/E i guess my wife was right on this one when she said don't do it.

You live and you learn I guess.I hope he doesn't sell **** for the rest of his life!

It's all greed for sure,man if it were someone else I swear I would'nt care.But when it's a close friend? that one really gets to you

thanx guys,glad I'm not the only one who thought the same way

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I would just take the money and never speak to him again.

No complaints, no arguements no nothing .....

Just take the money and walk away and secretly put him on your forever ****list.

Comment

• RG
            Removed.
            • Oct 1, 2004

I'm not saying what he did was right ... for sure he was a jerk ... but keep in mind he is young and new to his job ... doesn't make it right. But maybe you should tell him off in a semi kind way but keep his friendship to a point ... he sounds like he needs someone to guide him in life yet and you might be the right guy to do so. Keep on his rear to make sure he does things on the up and up.

But if he doesn't shape up fast ... then **** list him
            Last edited by RG; Dec 30, '08, 2:24 PM.

Comment

• wolfie
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 31, 2007

Originally posted by type1kirk
              I would just take the money and never speak to him again.

This is the best advice you are getting on this subject, you should take it.

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

tell him he owes you $350 on his next sale

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I'm looking at it like this ..... You can tell everything about someone in just one significant incident (like this one)

This was your wake-up call on this guy.

He doesn't deserve to be guided or talked to.

It wouldn't change him anyway.

Just take what he gives you then brush him off

Comment

• Bill
                    Parminant Memble
                    • Oct 20, 2002

In this market there's no reason anyone should have to deal with a lazy realtor; collect what he'll give you and hand that cash over to your sister for putting her in that position.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                      Alan Scott is the best GL
                      • Aug 8, 2007

along the same lines never lend a friend money. I had a good buddy I helped out his hard times got worse, he got divoced yada yada yada .. i never saw a cent of it back. I got tired of asking him for it it soured what had been a 10 year friendship. Now even if he paid the debt I still wouldn't talk to him

Comment

• toys2cool
                        Ultimate Mego Warrior
                        • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah i'm done with this guy.I told him if it was a broker he was dealing with he would'nt be pulling this,and he tells me that I'm a friend and I should understand,and that i'm not a broker so technically he has no obligation to give me anything.I told him to give my sister the money and if I see him in front of me,I'm just going to knock him out.

Now he's texting me saying he's sorry and that it doesn't have to come to this,what a jerk.Like if he's doing me a favor or something by giving me the crappy $400

Yeah Bill that was my plan,to give it to my sister for stuff that she needed to fix in the home

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Yeah,.. I dunno Dude,.. I just don't think 350 is worth the trouble.That wouldn't even cover Court time,.. or Jail time either. Although,.. I do remember watching America's Most Wanted a few months back, & this Dude shot this other guy for 50 bucks,..

Just tell him he owes you 350 ,.. & never help him again, if he thinks he is so Auesome.
                          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                            • Oct 8, 2007

It probably isn't worth a fight, or a night in the Pokey. He has to understand that it's important to keep his word, and that he can't treat his friends like that and expect them to just forgive him. It's business, and he's proven that he's a liar, and a lazy RE-Agent, and he used you. He's shown his worth and apparently your friendship isn't worth 350 bucks. He can't care all that much or he'd pay it.
                            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• TEXASFETT
                              #1 Bounty Hunter
                              • Aug 29, 2008

If he was my friend I will go to his house and play it off and be the repo man.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎