X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackson5677
    Banned
    • Oct 19, 2008

Castaway Toys?????

Does anyone know who runs CASTAWAY TOYS????....I have ordered several items a month ago and never receieved anything...NOT even a return email or return phone call.......Should I contact paypal and get my money back...or is there a good reason why nobody is available to contact?
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Before disputes like this are brought to a public forum, you should make contact with Castaway first. Their e-mail is clearly published on both their homepage as well as their storefront. David Lee is a member here and is the go-to contact guy. It's a rarity that they would not fulfill an order and if it does happen it's usually just a clerical error which can be fixed pretty easily.

Can't say anything beyond that if you have made contact and received no reply. That would be highly unusual. They are a top-notch bunch and will make everything right with you.

Scott
    Last edited by Random Axe; Dec 28, '08, 11:40 PM.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• jackson5677
      Banned
      • Oct 19, 2008

Several emails sent to castaway....several phone calls made to castaway and left messages....still no reply
      Last edited by jackson5677; Dec 28, '08, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• gaga4toyz
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 10, 2004

You can PM me with your Name,addy, and what you ordered or send me an email at:
        gaga4toyz@sbcglobal.net

I'll look into it for you. I'm not sure why you haven't been able to contact us thru the regular channels.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

Nothing But Positive Good Praise over Here for Castaway , Dave & J.. Everything I have ordered has Come, & is Fantastic. Keep up the good work Guys.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by kryptosmaster
            I did write them an email a couple weeks ago asking several questions and never received a reply either. I suppose it could've been overlooked but does seem a bit odd for a business to not answer a potential customer. Of course the same thing happened when I wrote similar emails to CTVT and DR. Mego so I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm jinxed? If there was an online contact form I used that, if not I used my own email.
            Rich
            What Question did you ask ? What colors the Bodies came in ?

... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jackson5677
              Banned
              • Oct 19, 2008

THANK YOU to everyone who responded to this post.
              Email has been sent to gaga4toyz

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Hey Rich if I didn't get back with you it's because I was super busy.... I wish I could e-mail everyone and shoot the breeze about what we are making next and what the future brings, but I can't. We have a hard enough time keeping up with the orders we do have... let me tell you we have a bunch! We have been crazy successful because of the wonderful support of Mego heads here and abroad.

We are probably the most accessible little toy company as well... I mean between the guy who wanted me to make replicas of the past Miss America's (who proceeded to mail me a list complete with their measurements) and the guy who called me late one night and proceeded to explain that he knew who killed JFK... but I'm OK because "I am part of the band"... Jason and I get bombarded everyday, I don't mean a few... it's overwhelming most days... Somewhere between "thanks" and "no we can't make Spider-man" or " I don't think others might like 8 inch replicas of famous concert pianist (real example)" the wick gets a bit short or we miss one or two... I apologize for this, and do appreciate your effort to contact us.

-Dave
                Last edited by David Lee; Dec 29, '08, 9:40 PM.

Comment

• jackson5677
                  Banned
                  • Oct 19, 2008

STILL NO REPLY...MY ORDER????

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: accept1964@hotmail.com

Comment

• jackson5677
                    Banned
                    • Oct 19, 2008

Dave,

STILL NO REPLY...MY ORDER.

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by jackson5677
                      STILL NO REPLY...MY ORDER????

Like Jason told you yesterday(Sunday), we are checking on it.... that goes for anyone missing something. I did take a few days off for Christmas, but I should be caught up in the morning.

-Dave

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                        Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                        • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
                        Like Jason told you yesterday(Sunday), we are checking on it.... that goes for anyone missing something. I did take a few days off for Christmas, but I should be caught up in the morning.

-Dave
                        You did what?? How dare you take time off for Christmas? Come ON!! I need a pair of fist hands. Your family can wait.

Seriously though, hope it works out for those concerned, and I know I hate waiting too, but You guys have always come thru for me. Thanks.
                        "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• bjack99
                          Career Member
                          • Mar 11, 2008

Dave and Jason have always right by me. Thank you Gentlemen.

Comment

• jackson5677
                            Banned
                            • Oct 19, 2008

CASTAWAY TOYS......I left another message on your answering machine TODAY!!!!....and STILL NO RETURN CALL OR EMAIL?????????

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 10, 2007

Did you even read his reply to you from last night?

In case not, he's checking for you.

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎