X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Sore from Wii

My daughter got the Wii sports for Christmas. My right arm is killing me from the bowling and baseball game. Its a fun system, but its awful hard on the body.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?
  • saildog
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by mitchedwards
    My daughter got the Wii sports for Christmas. My right arm is killing me from the bowling and baseball game. Its a fun system, but its awful hard on the body.

Oh, yeah!!! I found out the hard way, too.

But, it is a lot of fun!

Comment

• JDeRouen
      Author of Small Things
      • Jun 14, 2001

Fletcher (my son) got a ton of Wii games for xmas and has been playing them all day long!
      --
      Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

Yeah i could'nt move my arm for 3 days when I first got the Wii sports great game
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hotfoot
          Dazed and Confused
          • Dec 30, 2007

Doctors Predict Increased Wii-Related Injuries This Christmas
          Those prone to "flights of enthusiasm" most at risk of strain.
          By Kyle Stallock, 12/23/2008

Wii Remote Telegraph writes (via Videogaming247) "Wii Knee" is a term coined by osteopaths after "they saw an increase in back patients after Christmas and blamed the trend on fathers trying to keep up with their children on the machines." With the increased number of Wiis in consumer hands, doctors, such as Richard Milner of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand, expect an even greater number of "Wii knee" this year.

These moments of overexurtion are more than likely due to "flights of enthusiasm," claims Dr. Andrew Coley, a paediatrician at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. He admits, "I hurt myself by trying to get an Ace on my serve in a tennis game," and says one of his patients who hadn't exercised in a while "overdid it" after receiving a Wii for Christmas.

Even more astonishing than the terminology, these doctors don't seem to be villainizing videogames and the "unhealthy" behavior they're promoting. If anything, players' willingness to forego their own physical limitations while interacting is a positive testament to the immersion capabilities of the medium.

Wii was our biggest present to each other this year and my arm is sore.

Remember this is an exercise program so warm up and stretch before you start playing!

Another problem I have is I keep getting Booed off stage!
          Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Baseball and bowling are both not great for your body because it only involves one arm. One arm gets a workout, and the other one is just idle.

Get a game that involves all parts of your body, it will be a great all around workout.

Get something like boxing....you get to use both arms, plus you'll be pivoting your feet back and forth.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hotfoot
              Dazed and Confused
              • Dec 30, 2007

Wii Sports has Bowling, Boxing, Baseball, Golf and Tennis. Its a blast but the graphics are a bit week. They are better than my last home game system (Super Pong!)

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                MeGoing
                • May 14, 2003

Try the fitness one that makes you do Yoga and use your whole body.

Comment

• Zemo
                  Still Smokin'
                  • Feb 14, 2006

Got it for my wife for xmas. Been golfing and boxing off and on all day. What a blast. I think if you buy the single sports games they have much better graphics, I got her Zelda and the graphics are way better than the sports package all in one thing. Lots of fun, will actually get me back into gaming again.

Comment

• megojim
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 13, 2001

Wii rules . . . . We got the Clone Wars Light Saber Dual (awsome!), Indianapolis 500 Legends (very challenging) and Guitar hero (didn't think I would like it but it is really fun!)
                    The Wii fit is a hoot! luv the Ski Jumping and that marble game.
                    -jim
                    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

I had the same problem last X-mas...LOL
                      This year we got them the wii fit I am about to try it out...LOL
                      If you don't here from me for awhile it's because I'm having trouble walking back to the computer...LOL
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Surfsup
                        Silver Chrome Dome
                        • Dec 2, 2005

We got one here recently and have been playing Brain Acedmy all the time. It's more tiring than the sports games. I also got Guitar Hero for my GF this Christmas which has been a hoot.

Comment

• toystalker
                          none
                          • Mar 27, 2008

no pain no gain... anyone suffering from doing an activity they dont normally do probably means your not doing enough anyway

pen pushers will suffer, i had a physical job til recent, when we got the wii i didnt ache after using the bowling boxing or baseball... but the golf had me aching down the one saide, i ve never played golf before lol

some of my mates came by and had a go, office workers who sit around all day, go home and sit around all night, 1 couldnt make it to work the next day, had trouble lifting himslelf of the bed

its good to get up and have a go

just keep at it, any pain will soon go and it is great fun for the family

Comment

• Hotfoot
                            Dazed and Confused
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Guitar Hero is fun. I finally got all the way through my first song - Foghat's Slow Ride.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎