X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron_fox85
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 14, 2008

i got an idea of what cast away can do next

how about the shadow? does anyone own the rights to him ? i'm sure DC owns the rights to the spirit.

hmm... lone ranger? *shrugs* running on some ideas.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Iron_fox85
    how about the shadow? does anyone own the rights to him ? i'm sure DC owns the rights to the spirit.

hmm... lone ranger? *shrugs* running on some ideas.
    Grasping at straws maybe? Just because a figure "can" be made in the 8" scale, should it be? The Shadow has a very small following, of those that collect figures it's probably even smaller... The only reason it might work is because he is a lesser known figure and therefore not a major income source, the license might be dirt cheap.

The Lone Ranger would be a cool idea because LR has a small following that might buy the figures and the figures might sell because LR figures would be decent additions to the MEGO Western figures for MEGO/MEGOlike collectors...

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

The Shadow, while neat isn't a big enough draw at the present... things change all the time though. He is definitely in the genre we are attracted to...

The Lone Ranger, on the other hand, is very high on our list as I have eluded to in other threads. We have actually started talking (continued previous talks) with the LR folks and they seem receptive. Take that at face value, since we can't say if it'll happen... The Lone Ranger has a fairly large following, a comic book through Dynamite and Jerry Bruckheimer set to give the story a Disney whirl, with a dash of Johnny Depp as Tonto to boot... It's as good as any to continue the Cast-a-Way line of 8 inch figures and Jason and I are both fans of the LR. Incidentally, it would be a natch for a CA costume as well... So, it's by no means a done deal but it's high on the list of possibilities.

-Dave

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
        The Shadow, while neat isn't a big enough draw at the present... things change all the time though. He is definitely in the genre we are attracted to...

The Lone Ranger, on the other hand, is very high on our list as I have eluded to in other threads. We have actually started talking (continued previous talks) with the LR folks and they seem receptive. Take that at face value, since we can't say if it'll happen... The Lone Ranger has a fairly large following, a comic book through Dynamite and Jerry Bruckheimer set to give the story a Disney whirl, with a dash of Johnny Depp as Tonto to boot... It's as good as any to continue the Cast-a-Way line of 8 inch figures and Jason and I are both fans of the LR. Incidentally, it would be a natch for a CA costume as well... So, it's by no means a done deal but it's high on the list of possibilities.

-Dave
        I'm truly excited with all the possibilities mentioned... Specially the CA costume. I'll buy anything from Castaway as long as they keep their quality trademark. Just keep them coming!

Boy

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

Dave, please tell me that you're kidding about Johnny Depp.
          JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^ No, he's not. Deal with it.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

I don't have any problem with Johnny as an actor, it's just that every time I see him, I keep hearing the theme song for '21 Jump Street', and seeing his character, Tom Hansen.

And Johnny as Tonto????? Um, no.
              JediJaida

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                • Oct 8, 2007

Johnny Depp, Him make good indian. Oh, Brother....
                "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                  Ya know, While I liked 21 Jump Street a lot I really started watching it for Holly Robinson. Depp has done some pretty unique characters and pulled them off quite well. I would say let me see Tonto before thinking he couldn't do it. His body of work has been pretty good on some rather odd ball characters.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

The Lone Ranger would be my number one like-to-see-by-Cast-A-Way. And if I got to draw him and design some Lone Ranger packaging, I could die a happy, fulfilled man. If that's sad, I don't care.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Johnny Depp is actually part native american. Cherokee I think. As long as he does not give Tonto the touchy creepy feeling he gave Willy Wonka.

Comment

• hobub
                        Ghost of a Dead Indian
                        • Jun 18, 2001

I don't know if this has been addressed but an 8" scale set of Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers would be awesome. I don't care if it's Castaway or EMCE. Either would be great!

Comment

• DocDrako
                          Formerly Doc Drako
                          • Nov 11, 2004

If Johnny Depp did Tonto like Jack Sparrow, that would be hilarious.

Cast-A-Way Lone Ranger figures? Sign me up!

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                            You'll be eating your words when ya see him do it.
                            (or I will)
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MegomanJess
                              MegoHead
                              • Oct 9, 2003

Going with the Captain Action Line I'd love to see Green Hornet
                              ~~~ Jess ~~~
                              If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                              http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎