X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Gabriel Lone Ranger

I just got one in that's in superb condition but his legs are loose. Is there any way to tighen them up? Thanks!
  • The Sentry
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 3, 2007

Sadly, that was a fella that got the sh*t end of the stick when I was young! I played with him till he literally fell apart! LOL! I still have peices of him but not the whole thing. I loved that fella! I was thinking about getting another one (this time being more gentile with him)
    sigpic
    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

My cousins had the Lone Ranger and Butch Cavendish. They used to use their Lincoln Logs and build their own playsets.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Lynn TXP 0369
        Career Member
        • Jun 10, 2007

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
        I just got one in that's in superb condition but his legs are loose. Is there any way to tighen them up? Thanks!
        I love this series!!
        I used to drool over the Buffalo hunting set at a local Sugermans store growing up as a kid, I never did get that set or any of the toys.

Are his knee joints loose or his hips, or both?
        I'm not sure of his design, I never looked at mine that closley, if he is strung like a Mego, maybe he can be restrung to make him tighter..?..

I'm not sure how you would tighten a kee joint.

I've got a mint Tonto and great shape Scout with their 2 figure set box. I've also got a pretty good Lone Ranger with a replacment red scarf and a eight way action saddle Silver in a regular Silver box. I just a gotta find a good Lone Ranger box.

Lynn

Comment

• English Paul
          Archive cased.
          • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
          Tim. The one I won in the Megomeet raffle was the same. His whole pelvic section and thus his legs were loose (like a T1 Mego). The elastic inside seemed to have lost some of its elasticity. I tried to twist his torso around but then he had a twist on his body as it was too tight. I wanted to try and twist a leg as the torso twist was too much but dare not pull his boot off for fear of breaking his foot. As it is, I left him alone. He still stands OK as it is a fairly heavy body which seems to stabilise him.

PS. Bill (Surfsup), if you read this you may have noticed by now that I opened the baggie. It was 100% worth it to see him in all his masked glory He is fantastic.
          "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• Marvelmania
            A Ray of Sunshine
            • Jun 17, 2001

He's not strung like a mego or that would have been an easy fix. Looks like I'd have to break his chest open. Paul, yes he's loose from the pelvis area and both legs. He's in such good shape I really don't want to screw it up. I wanted to pose him on Silver but looks like I'll just have him stand beside with a doll stand. Picked him and silver up for $10 plus $10 shipping and yes he's complete w/ guns and all. Even Silver has all his reigns and stand.

Comment

• Tommyboy
              Spock Head Speculator
              • May 13, 2003

Tim, it took me a while to find this site for you. I remember reading it a while back. Albert Penello has a step by step tutorial. Here's the link if you didn't know about it already:

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Much needed. THANK YOU!

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

i like the lone ranger series and will get around to one day tightening mine up. right now i have 2 lone rangers and one tonto all three are incomplete but i like them. mike

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎