X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelmania
    A Ray of Sunshine
    • Jun 17, 2001

Population in decline?

I was following up on about 6 auctions I'd won a couple of weeks ago. Nothing big, $15-$30 items. I sent the sellers an email asking for a status. All responded and 5 of them said they had a death in the family and would ship soon. I'm patient and sure things happen and come up sometimes but this seems a bit strange. Does anyone else hear this a lot?
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Death in the family? Yep, heard that one before
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! I get those alot after I've been waiting for a payment for a while,but yeah I get those too.I'd prefer them to be honest and say,look man I really haven't had a chance but I will
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

Death in the family....yes, I have heard that on more than one occasion.

I also get the "my computer was broken and am just back up running now" pretty frequently. But ironically, most of the sellers seem to have no trouble listing new items for sale while they ignore me for a few weeks.

I set my standards pretty low so as long as I receive the item in a reasonable period of time and the item was received undamaged, I don't complain.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎