X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Spiderman and His Amazing Friends

Fun addition to the site today, it's a Marvel comics brochure from 1982 that details their service of providing Superheroes to your next event. Want Spider-man, Destro and ROM: Space Knight to visit your mall? This is the sales kit you'd recieve and it's pages of fun shots of actors dressed as Marvel Superheroes and some iconic toy characters from the past.

If anyone has childhood pics of a mall visit such as this, I want them! Send them to me and I'll send you a prize pack.

I wanted to play Destro but I'm too smooth chested....

This may be a Mall costume but I like it better than the recent movie doom.
    Visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That is awesome Brian. I got to see Spidey battle the Green Goblin at Hill's in 1980! It was the most siginficant moment in my then 5-year old life.

Anyone remember this Marvel Team-Up cover?

There's even a little feature on how they did the cover. Spidey's costume always looked "touched up" to me. Still, a great "cross-over" with this live program!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

It's my dream Chris to create a gallery of photos of these appearances here and on plaidstallions. I've already gotten some folks emailing me.

Ever since my mom's camera spoiled all the film of me meeting Captain America, I've been obsessed with these things.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Like I mentioned on PS, I've got my authograph sheet, but no photos from my experience. Sigh. I think I told the funny story behind the autograph here before, but I'll tell it again. After their show, Spidey and the Goblin signed autographs, and Spidey's pen quickly ran out of ink. "Anyone have a pen?" he asks. My mom, ever-alert, pulls out a pen from her massive utility purse, and hands it to me, "Give this to Spider-Man". I somewhat cautiously walk over to Spidey in awe. As I hand him the pen, I realize it's my Batman pen that I got a few days earlier!!! I hand it to Spidey and he looks at it, looks at me, tilts his head, and raises his eybrow disapprovingly at me underneath his mask. He stayed in character perfectly. That's just how Spidey would react. But I thought Spider-Man disliked me for years!!!

I do have some photos of my son and nephews with Spidey, but they are from the 90s and last year. If only I had a photo of MY Spidey-experience!!!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
          Museum Super Collector
          • May 18, 2007

I got meet Spiderman twice in the 70's at two local theme parks - Six Gun Territory and Wild Waters in Florida. At the WW event I had him sign a comic book that I still have somewhere (yes it was a Spiderman comic). I will never forget a couple of older kids running after him yelling "hey Spiderman ya wanna fight?"! Even though the guy in the suit was pretty thin i think he still could have taken them! At the Six Gun appearance Spiderman gave out cheap plastic gag spiders like the toy stores used to carry for a dime. Sadly I didn't think far enough ahead to take any photos.
          - Sweep

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

That's a pretty cool looking Tripwire outfit that one guy's got. That Hulk outfit looks like the one they showed in the back of the Hulk comic once. Showed him beating the snot out of John Byrne.

Comment

• The Sentry
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 3, 2007

WOW! I would have been thrilled to have taken a pic with the Hulk when I was kid,(hell even now more than ever!) but they never had anything like that here in Charleston. *sighs*
              sigpic
              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

I somewhat cautiously walk over to Spidey in awe. As I hand him the pen, I realize it's my Batman pen that I got a few days earlier!!! I hand it to Spidey and he looks at it, looks at me, tilts his head, and raises his eybrow disapprovingly at me underneath his mask. He stayed in character perfectly. That's just how Spidey would react. But I thought Spider-Man disliked me for years!!!
                ---------------------------------------------------
                Chris----your own mother set you up!

Seriously, tho'---that's a funny story

I picture you as a kid going thru that, then going home & watching
                Spider-Man on TV and being reminded of that and thinking
                about how he was taken aback by laying eyes on Batman merch

Of course as an adult, you got to read "Disordered Minds" and saw
                they were actually friends nowadays

(P.S. If ya haven't read that Spidey/Bats teamup---check it out)
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                  Web Wobbler
                  • May 12, 2007

I wasn't fortunate enough to personally meet with Spidey and his amazing friends, so no photos or humorous stories. However, I have a couple of posters in my collection pertaining to these special appearances. Both are from the late 1980's.

Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                  Good Trader List

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Firestar and Iceman? That's really wild.

Now those truly ARE Spider-Man's amazing friends,
                    at least from the same-titled cartoon's point of view
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

That THing costume is freakin' hilarious!!! Got any pics of ROM??
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        That THing costume is freakin' hilarious!!! Got any pics of ROM??
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

That ROM pic is cool Brian. The creator of the toy, Bing McCoy has some rare pics on his site:

I emailed him to ask what ever happened to the costume but he never replied. He must have thought I was some wierdo.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎