X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

Shrinking Robin shoes?

Has anyone used acetone to shrink Robin shoes, the way heads can be done? I thought I recall someone posting that they had, but I didn't find it when I used the search function. I only need them to be a little smaller, to fit on a Mego female. Would there be a difference between using vintage shoes and CTVT?
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy
  • spotter
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 6, 2008

can't speak for repros but vintage definitely worked when I shrunk a robin head and shoes to make a titan size boy wonder
    Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

How long do you soak them to get TT-scale results?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

I just checked out my CTVT Robin shoes. I'm going to guess that they wouldn't shrink the same way vintage ones do. I'm not sure what exact material they are, but they're more plastic-y than the rubber vintage shoes. I'm kind of afraid to put them in the acetone, because I don't know what they'll do.
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'd try CTVT/Doc Mego before vintage--they're cheap enough to sacrifice.

I've been wondering about shrinking them for TT Robin & Poison Ivy.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

I also have been wondering if this could be done.
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I have extra shoes & am willing to try it if someone can suggest how long I'm supposed to soak them in the acetone.

Will the length of soaking determine the amount of shrinking?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎